- "just keep shaking it...it will come..."
- "hit the bottom of the bottle..."
- 'just add a few drops of water..."
- "stick a knife down in it..."
- "turn it upside down for 5 minutes and let gravity do it's work..."
- "keep working at it...don't give up..."
- "be who you were designed to be".
- Weeks before this stream picture was taken, during our Sikes family reunion, Cole and Sara were mourning their sinful circumstance and studying how their sins could be washed away and become "right" with God. Several weeks ago, our Sikes clan cried tears of joy as we stood on this bridge at the Estes Park, Colorado YMCA and watched both Cole and Sara give their lives to Jesus. I've already shared some pictures with you of that event in my July 11 post.
- Many years before in Colorado Springs, Colorado, at the age of nine, I cried tears of repentance as I named Jesus as my LORD and Savior, was buried with Him in baptism, and rose from my watery grave to began walking in a new way of life...eternal life.
- Eight years later, I sat by a mountain stream and contemplated the untimely death of a non-christian friend who fell off a cliff while rock climbing the summer after our high school graduation. My eyes wept over my sinfulness and the lost condition of my friends!
THE MIGHTY MISSISSIPPI RIVER
"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels,
Make room for Jesus by saying,
"SO LONG SELF!"