It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Monday, January 31, 2011

YOUR GRACE STILL AMAZES ME... NOW THAT'S SMART!!!


MEDITATION MONDAY

.
"BLESSED ARE THE POOR IN SPIRIT,

FOR THEIRS IS THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN."
.
.
In our Sunday morning Bible class, we're doing a series entitled, "ONE VERSE WONDERS". Yesterday morning, Greg said he was cheating a little bit on his topic because he chose a phrase that is repeated over and over again in scripture. In fact, he even took it a little further than that! Have you ever considered why the following phrases are repeated often in scripture?
.
  • Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
  • Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.

I have lived many years being motivated by guilt. I want to please God. I don't want to do the wrong thing. Recently, I've determined that thinking not to be such smart thinking. In order to please God, I need GRACE motivation.

.

Greg's class led me to think in the following way:

  1. The GRACE of God is unmerited favor that He has extended to me - the sinner; in modern day terms we might say, "He's cut me lots of slack!"
  2. The GRACE of God is what brings salvation! (Titus 2:11)
  3. The GRACE of God teaches me to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age... (Titus 2:12)
  4. The GRACE of God is used 123 times in the New Testament; it is coupled with the word PEACE for 36 of those times.
  5. The GRACE of God often begins and ends a New Testament book.
  6. Without GRACE there is no peace - just guilt; and, guilt steals joy!
  7. God reminds us about His GRACE in 2 Corinthians 12:9, "And He has said to me, 'My GRACE is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.'"

.

Today, I'm thinking that if I'm really SMART, I will meditate on verse 9 on my journey to becoming POOR IN SPIRIT.

.

~BLESSED~

No comments:

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!