It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Monday, September 27, 2010

MY DELIVERER: WEAR HIS FULL ARMOR


MEDITATION MONDAY
Putting on God's full armor has been the focus of this blog for the month of September. God says, "Here, put on my full armor, if you want to stand up against the evil one... because evil days will come!!!!"
.
I've thought a lot about this the last few weeks as I've seen spiritual warriors stand firm and pray unceasingly in GOD'S FULL ARMOR:
  • TRUTH
  • RIGHTEOUSNESS
  • THE GOSPEL OF PEACE
  • FAITH
  • SALVATION
  • THE WORD OF GOD
Several of my family / friends have undergone great challenges as their physical and spiritual worlds collide:
  • a double hand transplant
  • a baby born with major heart problems
  • death, at the age of 41 - heart gave out...
  • eviction from an apartment with a tiny baby and nowhere to go
  • a family feuding at uncle's funeral
  • home struck by lightning that in one night took out AC, well, security system, garage door opener, TV, and computer
  • heat stroke, body temp 107, in a coma, pneumonia, heart tachycardia, brain function questionable...
  • chronic pain 24/7 for 15 years
  • sleepless nights as labor and delivery will be soon
What?!?!??! Yes! In fact, I could keep the list going... there's more. Yet, it is the FELLOWSHIP OF SUFFERING that brings the christian warrior to stand firm, in full armor, praying for our Deliverer to come.
.
I talked about it with my elementary kids Bible class yesterday as they recited verses about God delivering Noah. My students learned this summer that JESUS is actually each piece of God's armor that we put on. He is:
  • THE TRUTH (belt of truth)
  • OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS (breastplate of righteousness)
  • THE GOSPEL AND THE PRINCE OF PEACE (feet hod with the readiness of the gospel of peace)
  • FAITHFUL AND TRUE (the shield of faith)
  • OUR SALVATION (the helmet of salvation)
  • THE WORD (the sword of the spirit which is the WORD of GOD)

Noah had a great grasp of this as he chose to TRUST AND OBEY.

.
Yesterday, following Bible class, Matt led songs about RESCUE during our church services and then Dan preached about the book of Jonah. His brief outline looked like this:
  1. CHAPTER ONE: JONAH RAN FROM GOD.
  2. CHAPTER TWO: JONAH RAN TO GOD.
  3. CHAPTER THREE: JONAH RAN WITH GOD.
  4. CHAPTER FOUR: JONAH RAN AHEAD OF GOD.
Which do you do when waiting on your Rescuer
or your Deliverer?




On Saturday, a bunch of us went to Lancaster, PA to see the PSALMS OF DAVID, musical production at the LIVING WATERS theater. Steve and I arrived a little late, but as we walked in, I knew that I would be encouraged. They were singing MY DELIVERER. David knew His Deliverer well! Take time to pick up your Sword of the Spirit, which is the WORD OF GOD and pray these Psalms as you pour out your requests to your DELIVERER. Join me in praying for those people above and for others who the LORD brings to your mind.


Psalms 40:16-41:3
6 But may all who seek you
rejoice and be glad in you;
may those who love your salvation always say,
"The LORD be exalted!"

17 Yet I am poor and needy;
may the Lord think of me.
You are my help and my deliverer;
O my God, do not delay.

Blessed is he who has regard for the weak;
the LORD delivers him in times of trouble.
2 The LORD will protect him and preserve his life;
he will bless him in the land
and not surrender him to the desire of his foes.
3 The LORD will sustain him on his sickbed
and restore him from his bed of illness.
.
Psalm 70:5-71:4
.
5 Yet I am poor and needy;
come quickly to me, O God.
You are my help and my deliverer;
O LORD, do not delay.

In you, O LORD, I have taken refuge;
let me never be put to shame.
2 Rescue me and deliver me
in Your righteousness;
turn Your ear to me and save me.
3 Be my rock of refuge,
to which I can always go;
give the command to save me,
for You are my rock and my fortress.
4 Deliver me, O my God..."
.

Psalm 144:2
2 He is my loving God and my fortress,
my stronghold and my deliverer,
my shield, in whom I take refuge,
who subdues peoples under me.

No comments:

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!