- Run With Endurance...How?...Text: Hebrews 12:1-3
- Write down the name of a faith hero of yours. Who is someone who has inspired you to be faithful in your walk?
2. Be PREPARED for the STRUGGLES!
- Write down a temptation that has overwhelmed you in the last year. Our elders want to pray over you and with you, that that sin will not entangle you again in 2011!
3. Be FOCUSED on JESUS!
- Write down one way that satan tempted you to grow weary and to lose heart in 2010.
As is common for me, I had a multiplicity of answers for each! As I've meditated on these 3 concepts, I see GOD'S GRACE all through them. No matter how much I mess up, I can come to Him in repentance and He says
- God has graced us with a book full of wonderful heroes and heroines of faith! Most of us have some modern day ones, too.
- God has graced us with the a church family who are designed to give us support, encouragement, and guidance for the journey. What a wonderful plan for each body of believers to have shepherds who are prayer warriors!
- God has graced us with JESUS! Focusing on the nature of who Jesus is and what He has done for us gives us strength for the journey.
As you meditate on Jesus and His journey and relate it to your own journey and your endurance, maybe one of the pictures above will encourage you.
I've also added a few more pics that will help you keep endurance on your mind:
NOTE: When I GOOGLED to find some pictures on endurance, I GOOGLED the words, Jesus Endurance. I was totally shocked when I went to the second page of the images to find the picture of my family as an image for JESUS ENDURANCE. It has certainly given me some time to pause and meditate deeply on that concept. This is Steve and me a little over 20 years ago with our four children. Life has thrown us some very tough curve balls along the way. Understanding that God extends us His GRACE (IN JESUS) TO ENDURE is key!!!