2 Corinthians 12:9-10
- "But He said to me, 'My GRACE is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.'
- Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. "
Our family has experienced this multiple times on a very intimate level with our LORD. Yet, in the journey of the health of two of our children, God has chosen for us the path of LONGSUFFERING. What happened this week blessed one of those children and in turn blessed Steve and me.
I recently looked up the word LONGSUFFERING in scripture and did not find it in the American Standard, Revised, or New International Versions. I did find it in the King James and the New King James close to 20 times. Here are a few of the scriptures that I am using to TRANSFORM MY THINKING ABOUT LONGSUFFERING:
THIS SCRIPTURE HELPS ME TO SEE GOD'S LONGSUFFERING NATURE:
- Numbers 14:17-21 And now, I pray, let the power of my Lord be great, just as You have spoken, saying, 18'The LORD is longsuffering and abundant in mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression; but He by no means clears the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generation.' 19 Pardon the iniquity of this people, I pray, according to the greatness of Your mercy, just as You have forgiven this people, from Egypt even until now." 20 Then the LORD said: "I have pardoned, according to your word; 21 but truly, as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the LORD... NKJV
THIS SCRIPTURE HELPS ME TO KNOW THAT GOD IS MY TEACHER OF LONGSUFFERING AND THE GIVER OF HIS STRENGTH TO ME:
- Psalms 86:11-16 Teach me Your way, O LORD;I will walk in Your truth;Unite my heart to fear Your name. 12 I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart,And I will glorify Your name forevermore. 13 For great is Your mercy toward me,And You have delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol. 14 O God, the proud have risen against me,And a mob of violent men have sought my life,And have not set You before them. 15 But You, O Lord, are a God full of compassion, and gracious, Longsuffering and abundant in mercy and truth. 16 Oh, turn to me, and have mercy on me! Give Your strength to Your servant... NKJV
THIS SCRIPTURE HELPS ME TO SEE THAT LONGSUFFERING AND GOD'S GOODNESS GO TOGETHER:
- Romans 2:3-5 Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? NKJV
THIS SCRIPTURE SHOWS ME THAT LONGSUFFERING IS IN THE HEART OF MINISTRY:
- 2 Corinthians 6:4-10 But in all things we commend ourselves as ministers of God: in much patience, in tribulations, in needs, in distresses, 5 in stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labors, in sleeplessness, in fastings; 6 by purity, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Spirit, by sincere love, 7 by the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armor of righteousness on the right hand and on the left, 8 by honor and dishonor, by evil report and good report; as deceivers, and yet true; 9 as unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and behold we live; as chastened, and yet not killed; 10 as sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things. NKJV
THIS SCRIPTURE SHOWS ME THAT LONGSUFFERING IS PART OF THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT:
- Galatians 5:22-26 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another. NKJV
THIS SCRIPTURE SHOWS ME THAT LONGSUFFERING IS SOMETHING THAT GOD'S PEOPLE PUT ON:
- Colossians 3:12-17 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; 13 bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. 14 But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. 15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17 And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. NKJV
Just because God does not reveal His power immediately to my every request, does not mean that He is not there for me in my LONGSUFFERING... HIS GRACE IS SUFFICIENT...
2 Corinthians 12:9-10
- "But He said to me, "My GRACE is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness."
- Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
Dear God, my heavenly Father, I come to You because of Your Son and my Savior... I cannot heal my son or daughter... but I know that You can make a way. My family and I are totally and completely weak... suffering looooonnnnngggg...
I boast that
I AM WEAK....
WE ARE WEAK...
have mercy... bring powerful healing... thank You for Your GRACE... it is sufficient...