God is holy! He hates sin! Yet, it's all around us. We must encourage purity in our families...teach it to our children.
We are in a huge spiritual battle. Of course, there is nothing than satan wants more than the souls of our children. Yet, the lures and bait are everywhere. I teach at a University...I see it and here it. I supervise student teachers in the schools...I see it and hear it. I live life in and around the community...yes, unholiness and impurity of spirit are rampant. My heart aches for our young people in this information bombarded age. How do we protect our families? Here are a few things that I would like to submit to you. If you have others, please leave a comment and let us know.
- Fix our eyes on Jesus...teach and model His love...
- Put on the whole armor of God (Ephesians 6)
- Build strong relationships within the family unit filled with intimacy (IN-TO-ME-SEE)
- Teach holiness and purity in the home from a very early age.
- Buy a TV Guardian filter www.tvguardian.com
- Buy the Bsafe program for computers for internet protection from pornography and other horrible influences www.bsafehome.com
- Set other strong controls on TV's and computers such as time limits and cable settings...
- Watch movies like FIREPROOF together and discuss some of the teachings and quotes..."Fireproof doesn't mean that a fire will never come but when it comes you will be able to withstand it."
I'm praying for you!
Spend lots of time in quality FAMILY FELLOWSHIP!