It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Sunday, March 22, 2009

EAST TO WEST

SUNDAY IN THE SON

.
Scripture tells us that "...all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." True peace comes only from being in relationship with God. Jesus Christ is the Prince of Peace! It is through Him and Him alone that we can be reconciled to God and be accepted as if we have never sinned.
.
I sit here at Cape May, NJ at the tip of South Jersey, the southernmost tip of the peninsula. We are where the Delaware River meets the Atlantic Ocean. Yesterday evening, the sun set in the west as some looked out over the Delaware River. This morning, I will look to the east out of my hotel room window as the sun peeks up over the waves of the Atlantic. I will once again marvel at the vastness of territory that the sun shines on in a 24 hour period - from the east to the west.
.
Then, I remember the Prince of Peace...my LORD and SAVIOR...my big brother... Jesus Christ knows quite well just how far the east is from the west...how far His forgiveness extends...from one nail scarred hand to the other...
.
BLESSED ARE THE PEACEMAKERS,
FOR THEY WILL BE CALLED SONS OF GOD...
Matthew 5:9
.
.
East To West lyrics

Here I am, Lord, and I'm drowning
in your sea of forgetfulness
The chains of yesterday surround me
I yearn for peace and rest
I don't want to end up where You found me
And it echoes in my mind, keeps me awake tonight...
I know You've cast my sin
as far as the east is from the west.
And I stand before You now as though I've never sinned
But today I feel like I'm just one mistake away
from You leaving me this way
.
Jesus, can You show me
just how far the east is from the west
'cause I can't bear to see the man I've been
come rising up in me again
In the arms of Your mercy I find rest
'cause You know just how far the east is from the west
From one scarred hand to the other
.
I start the day, the war begins,
endless reminding of my sin
Time and time again
Your truth is drowned out by the storm I'm in
Today I feel like I'm just one mistake away
from You leaving me this way
.
I know You've washed me white,
turned my darkness into light
I need Your peace to get me through,
to get me through this night
I can't live by what I feel,
but by the truth Your word reveals
I'm not holding on to You,
but You're holding on to me
You're holding on to me
.
Jesus, You know
just how far the east is from the west
I don't have to see the man I've been
come rising up in me again
In the arms of Your mercy I find rest
'cause You know just how far the east is from the west
From one scarred hand to the other
One scarred hand to the other
From one scarred hand to the other
.
.


.

No comments:

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!