It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Thursday, March 19, 2009

SLOW FADE? NO! I'M IN THE LIGHT...I'M IN CHRIST...


TRANSFORMING THURSDAY

Grrrrrr....I stood in light...sunlight...sunshine... It's my spring break and I'm trying to get alot done...you know...spring cleaning, organization, phoning, paying, faxing, blogging, preparing, praying, waiting, praying, waiting...
.
It seems that whatever the theme on this blog is for the week...God teaches me something about it the hard way. It seems whatever I am asked to teach...God gives me a lesson about the topic the hard way.
.
  • This week's blog theme: "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God."
  • This week's lesson preparations: Four lessons that I am to present as the speaker for the Collingswood church of Christ, Collingswood, NJ ladies retreat this weekend: "Too Blessed to be Stressed!"
.
Oh, sigh! I knew my refrigerator, my white ceramic tile floor, sink, and stove needed some extra TLC. Tuesday night I got most of it finished. In fact, I also reorganized the front closet while I was at it. I was feeling pretty good!
.
Yesterday morning I did mountains of laundry, made phone calls to Jessica's doctors, worked on some things for this weekend...time was going by way too quickly...
.
By mid-afternoon, I ran down to change one last load of laundry and then headed to the kitchen to get something to drink. I was horrified at what I saw. The new found sun was streaming in my westward kitchen window. All I could see was dirt! What? I had worked so hard the night before! Instead of everything looking nice and shiny, it seemed dingy and in need of even more TLC!
.
For the next two hours, I scrubbed...I hosed down...I polished... Then I looked at the clock...I was late to tutor Brianna! I could only think about how much I still needed to get done. I could spend the rest of my spring break just on this room! The sunlight had brought alot of unexpected stress to my plans. In fact, it is now obvious that there is no amount of cleaning that is going to make my kitchen perfect.
.
Jesus began each beatitude in His sermon on the mount with "Blessed are..." This week we are talking about "Blessed are the pure in heart..." I think of the sun shining on my kitchen and I can transfer the concept to Jesus' life on earth outshining mine to such a degree that He exposes all my impurities. Thinking about that for very long can leave me feeling pretty stressed!
.
Yet, if I choose to ponder scripture OR count my blessings...my thoughts are TRANSFORMED! I really need to remember that IN CHRIST, I am way too blessed to be stressed! The next time anxiety, worry, or negative self talk begin to raise their ugly heads, I will count my blessings IN CHRIST! It's TRANSFORMING! You see, He has no condemning words for me because in His eyes I am already spotless...pure. Thank You, Jesus!
.
Romans 8:1
"There is therefore now
no condemnation
for those who are in Christ Jesus."
.
AND
.
.
Titus 2:11-14
"...our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus;
who gave Himself for us,
that He might redeem us
from every lawless deed
and purify for Himself a people
for His own possession,
zealous for good deeds."
.
AND
.
Phil 4:4-20
"Rejoice in the Lord always;
again I will say, rejoice!
Let your forbearing spirit be known to all men.
The Lord is near.
Be anxious for nothing,
but in everything by prayer and supplication
with thanksgiving
let your requests be made known to God.
And the peace of God,
which surpasses all comprehension,
shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brethren,
whatever is true,
whatever is honorable,
whatever is right,
whatever is pure,
whatever is lovely,
whatever is of good repute,
if there is any excellence
and if anything worthy of praise,
let your mind dwell on these things...
...for I have learned to be content
in whatever circumstances I am...
...I can do all things
through Him who strengthens me....
...And my God shall supply all your needs
according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
Now to our God and Father be the glory forever and ever.
Amen."
.
AND
.
1 John 1:5-7
"And this is the message we have heard from Him
and announce to you,
that God is light,
and in Him there is no darkness at all.
If we say that we have fellowship with Him
and yet walk in the darkness,
we lie and do not practice the truth;
but if we walk in the light as He Himself is in the light,
we have fellowship with one another,
and the blood of Jesus His Son
cleanses us from all sin."
.
Two transforming questions:
.
Are you walking IN THE LIGHT?
.
Are you IN CHRIST?
.

No comments:

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!