It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Thursday, September 18, 2008

OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD: THERE'S NO HIGH LIKE THE MOST HIGH!

From nearby mountain several hundred feet up.
That's Highway 101 that you see down below.
The Oregon coast is the most spectacular coast line in the United States.
.
I have had hypoglycemia for many years and I know that when my blood sugar starts to drop that I need something to pick me up - namely protein. Sometimes I'll need a greater pick me up and I get something that probably is not the best for me - caffeine or a mint. On some of the more complicated days, I'll have my protein with chocolate. I know when it's time to get high!
.

Our sister in Christ and friend, Marlene has a young son, Evan, who has PKU. Evan's body doesn't not handle proteins. All his special foods must be weighed and measured. Marlene must be on watch 24/7 to keep him from eating or being fed "regular foods". This week Evan is in Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia. I spent Sunday with them. Some of you have called, been with them, or plan to go. Evan's PKU levels have been reaching the dangerously high mark. When that happens, brain cells begin to basically "fry". Pray for our friends! Marlene and Evan know that the ONLY high they want in their lives is THE MOST HIGH!
.
We have friends and family members who struggle with different types of challenges and have found alcohol, nicotine, or drugs to help them cope. The "high" feeling is temporary, a "false positive", yet we all want to get out of that pit. I have friends, young men and women, who are very addicted to different things...they need to know...I want them to know...they need to see...I want them to see...they need to feel....I want them to feel...they need to hear...I want them to hear, "THERE'S NO HIGH LIKE THE MOST HIGH!"
.


Drive by the Pitman church of Christ building today and you'll see that sentence on the marquee board: THERE'S NO HIGH LIKE THE MOST HIGH! Yesterday, as I looked at the sign, my thoughts connected to my many memories of the mountains. I've lived at the foot of two mountain ranges: the Rocky Mountains and the Wasatch Mountains. When I was in high school, our house in Colorado Springs, CO faced Pikes Peak and every morning one of the first things we would do is open the living room curtains that covered the picture window so that we could get our "Pikes Peak fix". I love the mountains!
.
I love the process of getting from the foot of the mountain to the top! Yet, I also know that IT IS NOT EASY! Our youth group leader loved to take us on hikes and campouts in the mountains. There were hills, valleys, steep inclines, cliffs, big boulders, thick brush...and amazingly we kept going back for the thrill of the journey..the process of going higher. Reaching the top of each new hill had a celebration! Traveling down the otherside found us holding onto one another...often tied to our leader. We were careful to listen to his rules and directions for safety along the way.
.
While in Oregon, this summer, Steve and I traveled north along Pacific Highway 101 and looked out to the left over the Pacific Ocean and Coastline. As our car climbed to a higher elevation, Steve's friend, "Bertha" (our GPS), began to entreat us to, "Turn left now! Turn left now!" Her voice was persistent. Yet, we knew following her voice would have been insanity. We would have fallen off the cliff into the Pacific Ocean and drowned. Instead, we chose to turn right and travel higher up to a lookout point. We stood in awe of the wonders of our God's mighty hand, which include the worlds largest sea lion cave and Cape Perpetua. We sang praises to our Awesome God!


.

http://www.sealioncaves.com/
.


Yesterday, I shared with you the beginning of the ABC's of names/descriptions of Jesus. If you just focused on the first five for the next month, you could not exhaust the discussion:

.

  • A is for Author of Life
  • B is for Beginning and End
  • C is for Creator
  • D is for Deliverer
  • E is for Eternal Life
    .
Give me one minute to talk about A - The AUTHOR OF LIFE:
  • READ HIS BOOK: God thought up LIFE. God created LIFE. God wrote the guidebook on LIFE. Reading God's word and letting it soak in will take you higher in LIFE. This month on Sundays we're studying JAMES. Read it! On Tuesday mornings, our ladies class is studying the Patriarchs from the book of GENESIS. Read it! On Wednesday nights, in our How God Does Family class, we're connecting with GENESIS, EPHESIANS, PSALMS, and PROVERBS. Read them! Don't get overwhelmed! Just read a few verses at a time and then think about those verses all day long. You will begin to find a new confidence, a new peace as you begin to understand more where you are at and where you are going. Get to know the MOST HIGH!

  • TALK TO HIM: We have an open line to the Author of the Book...the Author of Life itself. Similar to my high school youth leader, God wants us to talk to Him, ask Him questions, stay connected to Him along the journey. Adore Him! Confess to Him! Thank Him! Supply Him with your deepest thoughts, desires, anxieties, worries, frustrations! Get high in a relationship with the MOST HIGH!



  • AMAZING VIDEO OF OUR AWESOME GOD:
.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Patti for the awsome pictures. I love the ocean and that is a beautiful view of Gods creation. Also, Thank you for the Awsome God video. Rich and I try to have a devotional with Daniel and Leah every night and thought this video would be great to use. Thanks! Jo-Ann

By the way I couldn't repsond before because something was wrong with my computer.

Anonymous said...

Sorry didn't mean to hit anonymous as you can see I did leave my name.oops

Mandy said...

Our minds conform to what they are fed. Our hearts often determine what we feed our minds.
God created us, He knows what we need. We need Him. He lets us choose whom we will serve.

You desire truth in the innermost being...Psalm 51:6

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!