It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

IF THERE WERE NO GOD...THERE WOULD BE NO HOLY SPIRIT POWER...NO PRAYER!!

Ephesians 3:14-19

For this reason, I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner (wo)man; so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fulness of God.

.

I hope that you know that you can pray whenever and wherever. God wants to listen to you when you're kneeling, sitting, walking, driving...I love that He walks and talks with me. I cannot fathom no God, no prayer and no Holy Spirit power to give me strength. Oftentimes, He renews my strength in the form of connection. Allow me to share with you just a few prayer stories of late:
.

1. Weekend before last when we were at the Women of Faith conference, Harriet prayed that if there was someone among the 20,000 women in the Wachovia Center that she knew from her past, would God please let her run into them. It was almost time to go home and Harriet says, "Okay, Lord, I guess it just is not going to happen today..." She looks up and standing right in front of her is the woman who led her to Christ. She had not seen this woman in about 5 years. Needless to say, God's answer to Harriet's prayer was encouraging, empowering, and strengthening.
.
2. This week, I was speaking to a group about educating learners with special needs. I had prayed beforehand, like I usually do, that God would make the connections that needed to be made. Afterwards, a woman came up to me to say she felt that God had put her there as an answer to her sisters prayers. It seems that her sister has one child who has autism and two children who have AD/HD. Would I be able to help? Quite possibly! God is good all the time!
.
3. It always amazes me that I can go to Bible class on Sunday morning and the next hour hear a song or a sermon that connects perfectly with the previous class. There was no planning for that to happen...only Holy Spirit connections when teachers/preachers/song leaders are being Holy Spirit led. I pray about my themes for this blog and my individual posts. On my Monday post, I talked about "What's in a Name?" Well, guess what Beth Moore talked about yesterday morning on our class video? The same thing! Holy Spirit connection!
.
4. Sunday morning, at first service, Derek told of two boys, from his youth center ministry, who moved away recently. He had lost connection with them. They were heavy on his heart over the last few weeks as he prayed that God would make a way for re-connection. One day on his way to work, the thought came in his mind to take another route that he had not taken before. On down the road, he passed a bus stop. There stood these two boys! He has not only re-connected but arrangements have been made for these boys to get transportation to the youth center. Our God is involved in the details! He wants us to stay connected!
.
I'm glad there is a God! I'm glad that He wrote a book! I'm glad that He listens to me and lives inside of me! I'm so thankful that He's actively involved in my life! It's great to be connected to the Creator of the Universe...after all He's my loving and kind Daddy! He certainly knows how to keep me connected!
.

2 comments:

B and V Leonard said...

Amen! He is alive!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful blog! I have been hoping to find a Christ centered blog to follow. Thanks

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!