It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Monday, September 22, 2008

IF THERE WERE NO GOD: THERE WOULD BE NO LOVE!

1 John 4:16 says, "God is love..." Know God! Know love!
.
If there were no God.... No God! No love!
.

This semester and in the past, I have had my students research the meanings of their names. I share the full meaning of mine - Patricia Ann Klein Sikes: Noble Gracious Little Running Brook. Kind of funny, for those of you who know me, if you think about it very long!
.
I am always amazed at how many names have at least part of their root meaning in love, God, Christ, grace... When I ask students to give me a thumbs up or down on whether or not they like the meaning of their names, I am sad and disappointed at how many give a thumbs down to their name if it's meaning has its roots in anything to do with christianity.
.
What would our world be without our God and His love?
.
1 Corinthians 13 says, that if I "do not have love, I am nothing."
.
Then, it goes on to say:
"Love is patient, love is kind, and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, 5 does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, 6 does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 8 Love never fails..."
.
So, a day without God and love would go like this:

  • Impatience!
  • Unkindness!
  • Jealousy!
  • Bragging!
  • Arrogance!
  • People watching out only for selves!
  • Easily Provoked!
  • Keeping record of wrongs!
  • Rejoicing when people are wronged!
  • Rejoicing in lies!
  • Tolerating nothing!
  • Skeptical of everything!
  • No hope!
  • Giving up easily!
  • Failing often!

.

If there was no God in your life today...you can still change that right now:

  1. Pour your heart out to Him...
  2. Mourn over your sins, shortcomings, failures, and disappointing Him...
  3. Allow Him to begin refilling You with His word, His presence, His love...He needs to take up residency and presidency in your life (if you have never been filled with Him initially - see the 9-13-08 post)
  4. Hunger and thirst for Him...for His love...

.

If you didn't have a chance yesterday to watch this video, I hope you will today...TEACHING THE TRUTH IN LOVE...

http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=MLruGjvW4WE&feature=related

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Patti!
If the shoe fits, I wear it. Sometimes my feet are swollen with love and the shoe doesn't fit! Thank You God for the times I let You truly work in my life and fill me with Your love! To God be the glory!!! I don't want my day to have any of those negatives in it. They seem to build on one another if I let just one of those attitudes slip in! Thank you Patti for these devotional thoughts!
Love, Love, Love,
through HIM & in HIM,
Linda

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!