- is my mom's half birthday - 82-1/2
- our oldest son's birthday - the big 30
I could write all day about the things about these two special people in my life that I am grateful for. Today, I choose to connect what I have to say to our WONDERFUL MERCIFUL SAVIOR.
My MOM, Kathleen, lived the married life of an army wife. We moved a lot! It is not easy to live on 3 different continents and move repeatedly. Then, sometimes we would stay put while Dad went on assignment somewhere else. I sing mom's favorite song a lot and am so grateful for one of her scripture mantras:
- SONG: "I serve a risen Savior! He's in the world today. I know that He is living, whatever men may say. I see His hand of mercy. I hear His voice of cheer. And, just the time I need Him, He's always near. He lives! He lives! Christ Jesus lives today. He walks with me and talks with me along life's narrow way. He lives! He lives! Salvation to impart! you ask me how I know He lives... He lives within my heart!"
- SCRIPTURE: From Colossians 3 - "Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, SET YOUR HEARTS on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. 2 SET YOUR MINDS on things above, not on earthly things. 3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory. "
- SONG: "I heard an old, old story, How a Savior came from glory,How He gave His life on CalvaryTo save a wretch like me;I heard about His groaning,Of His precious blood's atoning,Then I repented of my sinsAnd won the victory. ChorusO victory in Jesus,My Savior, forever.He sought me and bought meWith His redeeming blood;He loved me ere I knew HimAnd all my love is due Him,He plunged me to victory,Beneath the cleansing flood. I heard about His healing,Of His cleansing pow'r revealing.How He made the lame to walk againAnd caused the blind to see;And then I cried, "Dear Jesus,Come and heal my broken spirit,"And somehow Jesus came and bro'tTo me the victory."
- SCRIPTURE: Jordan recently shared with us 4 scriptures that he keeps close to his heart:
Romans 8:31-32 31 What then shall we say to these things?
If God is for us, who is against us?
32 He who did not spare His own Son,
but delivered Him over for us all,
how will He not also
with Him freely give us all things?
Psalms 1 How blessed is the man
who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked,
Nor stand in the path of sinners,
Nor sit in the seat of scoffers!
2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
3 He will be like a tree firmly planted
by streams of water,
Which yields its fruit in its season
And its leaf does not wither;
And in whatever he does, he prospers.
4 The wicked are not so,
But they are like chaff which the wind drives away.
5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
Nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.
6 For the LORD knows the way of the righteous,
But the way of the wicked will perish. .
Finally, brethren, whatever is true,
whatever is honorable,
whatever is right,
whatever is pure,
whatever is lovely,
whatever is of good repute,
if there is any excellence
and if anything worthy of praise,
dwell on these things. .
2 Peter 1:5-8
…who are protected by the power of God
through faith for a salvation
ready to be revealed in the last time.
6 In this you greatly rejoice,
even though now for a little while,
you have been distressed by various trials,
7 so that the proof of your faith,
being more precious than gold
which is perishable,
even though tested by fire,
may be found to result in
praise and glory and honor
at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
8 and though you have not seen Him,
you love Him,
and though you do not see Him now,
but believe in Him,
you greatly rejoice with joy
inexpressible and full of glory…
The daughter of Kathleen
The mother of Jordan
The sister of our WONDERFUL MERCIFUL SAVIOR