It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

WONDERFUL MERCIFUL SAVIOR... SETTING MY MIND ON THE THRONE ROOM...

In our family, we have several days in every year that two family members share a special day. Today is one of those days! Today,

  • is my mom's half birthday - 82-1/2

  • our oldest son's birthday - the big 30

I could write all day about the things about these two special people in my life that I am grateful for. Today, I choose to connect what I have to say to our WONDERFUL MERCIFUL SAVIOR.


.


My MOM, Kathleen, lived the married life of an army wife. We moved a lot! It is not easy to live on 3 different continents and move repeatedly. Then, sometimes we would stay put while Dad went on assignment somewhere else. I sing mom's favorite song a lot and am so grateful for one of her scripture mantras:



  • SONG: "I serve a risen Savior! He's in the world today. I know that He is living, whatever men may say. I see His hand of mercy. I hear His voice of cheer. And, just the time I need Him, He's always near. He lives! He lives! Christ Jesus lives today. He walks with me and talks with me along life's narrow way. He lives! He lives! Salvation to impart! you ask me how I know He lives... He lives within my heart!"



  • SCRIPTURE: From Colossians 3 - "Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, SET YOUR HEARTS on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. 2 SET YOUR MINDS on things above, not on earthly things. 3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory. "
. Our son, Jordan, has lived the life of an "old soul". Maybe, precocious would be a better word. At the ages of 2 and 3, He was comfortably leading singing in front of our church family. . Over the years, others have shared with us that "no one takes us to the throne room of Christ, like Jordan." It is a gift that He offers to his LORD with all his heart. A few week's ago, Jordan came for a visit. He led us in worship through song and scripture. When it was over, my focus was Jesus! Jordan had used his gift to lead us in SETTING OUR MINDS on The Throne Room. .
I smile, as I think of the songs that Jordan has led over the years. The songs and his favorite scriptures are a testimony of who he is. His first song and favorite scripture are:

  • SONG: "I heard an old, old story, How a Savior came from glory,How He gave His life on CalvaryTo save a wretch like me;I heard about His groaning,Of His precious blood's atoning,Then I repented of my sinsAnd won the victory. ChorusO victory in Jesus,My Savior, forever.He sought me and bought meWith His redeeming blood;He loved me ere I knew HimAnd all my love is due Him,He plunged me to victory,Beneath the cleansing flood. I heard about His healing,Of His cleansing pow'r revealing.How He made the lame to walk againAnd caused the blind to see;And then I cried, "Dear Jesus,Come and heal my broken spirit,"And somehow Jesus came and bro'tTo me the victory."

.



  • SCRIPTURE: Jordan recently shared with us 4 scriptures that he keeps close to his heart:

Romans 8:31-32 31 What then shall we say to these things?


If God is for us, who is against us?


32 He who did not spare His own Son,


but delivered Him over for us all,


how will He not also


with Him freely give us all things?


.


Psalms 1 How blessed is the man


who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked,


Nor stand in the path of sinners,


Nor sit in the seat of scoffers!


2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD,


And in His law he meditates day and night.


3 He will be like a tree firmly planted


by streams of water,


Which yields its fruit in its season


And its leaf does not wither;


And in whatever he does, he prospers.


4 The wicked are not so,


But they are like chaff which the wind drives away.


5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,



Nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.


6 For the LORD knows the way of the righteous,



But the way of the wicked will perish. .



.


Philippians 4:8


Finally, brethren, whatever is true,


whatever is honorable,


whatever is right,


whatever is pure,


whatever is lovely,


whatever is of good repute,


if there is any excellence


and if anything worthy of praise,


dwell on these things. .



.



2 Peter 1:5-8


…who are protected by the power of God


through faith for a salvation


ready to be revealed in the last time.


6 In this you greatly rejoice,


even though now for a little while,


if necessary,


you have been distressed by various trials,


7 so that the proof of your faith,


being more precious than gold


which is perishable,


even though tested by fire,


may be found to result in


praise and glory and honor


at the revelation of Jesus Christ;


8 and though you have not seen Him,


you love Him,


and though you do not see Him now,


but believe in Him,


you greatly rejoice with joy


inexpressible and full of glory…






What a blessing to be known as:



    The daughter of Kathleen




      The mother of Jordan




        The sister of our WONDERFUL MERCIFUL SAVIOR


        .


        ~BLESSED~

        No comments:

        TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!