- Semantic - the words and an understanding of the words in the first 5 beatitudes
- Symbolic - a symbol (focus only on the screen bean symbol) for the first 5 beatitudes. Some of them have 2 - choose the one that will help you the most to remember.
- Figural - below you will be given a body motion for each of the first 5 beatitudes. The first one starts at the head and as we memorize them over the next few months, the motions will work their way down our bodies. .
1. Bow your head (poor in spirit)
2. Hands either rub eyes or draw tears coming out of eyes (mourn)
3. Point to cheek (meek rhymes with cheek)
4. Bring your hands up to your mouth and pretend like you are eating and drinking (hunger and thirst)
5. Pat yourself on the shoulder (mercy)