It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Friday, April 29, 2011

SHINE JESUS SHINE...BECAUSE YOU ARE MORE THAN ROYALTY...KING of kings...



It's a really BIG DAY! Many eyes are glued right now to the royal wedding... I AM SO EXCITED!!!! Not necessarily about the wedding, but that Jesus is getting a voice... over and over again. Scripture is repeatedly being quoted, challenges are being given to live "in the Spirit of Jesus Christ", our God is being honored, and amazingly this blog's memory scripture for the month has been quoted. Wow! Wow! Wow!

.

It will still be "a really BIG DAY" once the wedding is over. It's time for great family fellowship among my sisters in Christ! We all belong to the Kingdom of God. Our annual ladies retreat is this weekend. Although the topic is not SHINE JESUS SHINE, our theme for the weekend will certainly be connecting to that concept. As women, we have many words to speak everyday. We can use those words for good or evil. This weekend Isabelle and Alicia Williamson will lead us in a study of THE POWER OF WOMEN'S WORDS.

.

Our words? A powerful way for Jesus to shine through you and me! Royal speech! Kingdom words!


This year, our "retreat" will be a little different. It will be locally in our new church building. Although it is not a cathedral, it is where christian royalty meet together to worship our King. Last year, our women's retreat entitled WOMEN REACHING OUT IN FAITH was overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. I wrote several posts from and about last years retreat on this blog.
.
Here are some excerpts, in italics, from one of those April 2010 posts:


As I sit overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, I am reflecting on the powerful weekend we have had so far at our WOMEN REACHING OUT
IN FAITH retreat. We have worshipped together in song, heard God speak through Becky Holton, and fellowshipped in multiple amazing ways. During a period of silence, the 90 women attending the retreat wrote anonymous reflections. I will post a few for your encouragement today and then keep posting them over the next week.
.



Here are some specific reflections on loving God and spending time with Him:




"The only way to deepen my love for God is to place myself in God's presence daily!!! I must do this for my sake and for the sake of my family! Please help me to discipline myself!"


"When Becky said, "I encourage you... no, I beg you, to spend time with the Lord everyday... I was struck by her honesty and caring. We live in a world where no one is supposed to tell anyone else what to do anymore. I am glad Becky had the courage to be real. She is right."


"Quality time with our Lord will transform us!"


"Today I commit to buying a purse size Bible. I will carry it with me at all times in my purse and read during my short breaks of activity in the day. I pray this will keep my mind on my Lord so that I may love Him with all my mind, heart, soul, strength."


"Becky, thank you for reminding me! How important it is to spend time with God daily by loving and giving God the attention He deserves daily. It will change my life. Everything will fall in place. Give God the glory."


"My Aha moment came when Becky said, 'The hard truth is without daily time with God, we will deteriorate spiritually.' I am reminded of John 15:5, 'Abide in Me and you will bear much fruit; for apart from me you can do nothing.'"


"I'm beginning to realize that to have a deeper love for Jesus, I must visualize the scriptures more. A deeper love will then keep me to following His teachings. I want to follow Him but it is easy to go astray."



STAY TUNED FOR MORE... for now, I'm headed back to
fellowship with this amazing group of sisters in Christ.... WE LOVE THE LORD!!!!


.


.


That was last year! Stay tuned for more from our spiritual feast of this weekend - a feast of the King of kings and LORD of lords!





~BLESSED~

No comments:

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!