It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

IF I STAND... IT'S BECAUSE I'VE SET MY MIND...


We're all three first born children, but today is a day that the two of them share and I don't. It's a special day for my mom (an oldest child) and Jordan (our oldest child). Today, my mom turns 82 years old. Today Jordan turns 29 and 1/2 (it's his half birthday!). Jordan's wife Jacqueline is due to give birth this week to their second child. How fun it would be if she could share this day with her great-grandma and her dad!
.
Two years ago today, I shared a long and detailed post about my mom entitled, "IT IS NO SECRET WHAT GOD CAN DO". Today, I would like to share tidbits with you about Mom and Jordan - two amazing people who mean the world to me!

.
Here is a picture of Jordan and Jacqueline at their wedding in 2003 with their living grandparents. Both of Jacqueline's grandmothers and her paternal grandfather are standing by Jacqueline. Papa and Mama Sikes are standing next to Jordan and my mom, Kathleen Klein, is standing to the far right.

.
Here is a picture of Mom on her 75th birthday
with her 3 children.
Oldest to youngest, left to right:
me-Patti, Steve, Pam

.

A lot has changed over the last seven years... even the last two years... Mom's alzheimers has not been friendly. She must have round the clock care via nurses and family. She lives in a "mother-in-law apartment" on the back of my brother Steve's home. Steve and Sandi and their daughter Katie are nurturing and vigilant in their care of Mom. Mom hasn't known me in my last phone calls. It is hard to call!

.

Until I began to write this, I didn't realize how well our theme song connected with my mom's theme. One of her favorite sayings to me over the years was, "I have set my mind!" It wasn't an arrogant statement, but a statement of purpose, dedication, and trust in her Heavenly Father.

.

Jordan and Mom have similarities that are also known as traits of first born children. I have noticed over the years that they have used these traits to glorify their Heavenly Father:

  • R.E.S.P.O.N.S.I.B.L.E.
  • organized
  • reliable
  • serious
  • scholarly
  • conservative
  • loyal
  • goal-oriented
  • list maker
  • high achiever
  • self reliant
  • people pleaser
  • self-sacrificing.

They both have aspired to be instruments of the Master, by letting their lights shine. I'm excited to hold Jordan & Jacqueline's little one soon. She won't be their first born, but I have a feeling their first born is already developing some of those first born characteristics listed above.

.

Back two years ago, I gave Mom a lighthouse lamp from New Jersey and wrote a poem to encapsulate Mom's determination to SET HER MIND. May you be blessed by reading it today:

.

I Set My Mind to Let My Light Shine!

On October 5, 1928, I, Kathleen Joyce Carron was born.
I grew up at 311 Virginia Avenue, Crystal City, Missouri.
Valle and Viola Carron were my father and mother.
Shirley and Bob were my sister and brother.

One day, I set my mind to become a child of GOD.
I was baptized into Jesus Christ, GOD’s Son.
Later, I grew up and moved away from home
To become a nurse at a University called Washington.

I set my mind to do what was right
For Jesus, I wanted to be a light.
I met a man who wanted the same.
Clayton Ray Klein was his name.
We married on April 8, 1950,
Making almost 48 years of marital history.

.
Clayton and I had three children,
Named Patti Ann, Steven Ray, and Pamela Kay.
We set our minds to teach them about Jesus.
Living a life for Him would be the only Way!
He is my Savior, He is the king of Kings,
He is the Truth! He is my Light! He is my everything!
.
So, as I look back on my life,
I can smile a great big smile.
Because on this journey,
I set my mind to go the extra mile.
.
As a wife to Clayton Klein,
I set my mind to let my light shine!
As a mother to Pam, Steve, and Patti,
I set my mind to let my light shine!
As a mother-in-law to Dalen, Sandi, and Steve,
I set my mind to let my light shine!
As a grandmother to
Eric, Summer, Katie, Jordan, Jessica, Caleb, and Crystal,
I set my mind to let my light shine!
So, today, as I turn on my lighthouse lamp,
I will smile and remember that

I HAVE SET MY MIND TO LET MY LIGHT SHINE!
.

.

As of this morning, Kathleen has 3 great-grandchildren; maybe it will be four by evening!

.

1 comment:

Martianne said...

a nice testimony. Family is such a gift from God!

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!