It wouldn't have taken much for the light to be gone - just the flip of a switch. It's happened before inside of our building. Some connection between us and the power source blows or becomes disconnected and we're left in the dark. I find it especially hard to function (when this happens) because my office has no outside windows.
We live in a dark world. Our homes need to be the bright lights permeating the darkness of our neighborhoods. Our husbands and children need encouragement to be bright lights at work / school. How does that switch get flipped on and stay on? Can it begin with you? Have you considered how you are living your life as a bright light?!?
1. KEEP YOUR APPOINTMENT! Get plugged in and stay plugged in! Set aside a time at least one time each day to read your Bible and talk to your Heavenly Father about it. My "mother-in-love" had 13 children. My husband's fondest memory of her was when he had to get up at 5:30 a.m. to begin his chores. She was already at the kitchen table reading her Bible.
2. FLIP ON THE SWITCH! Connect with Jesus in multiple ways:
- Connect with Jesus as your CREATOR: The truth is that He lovingly formed and fashioned you! You are His masterpiece!
- Connect with Jesus as THE WORD: "The WORD became flesh and made His dwelling among us." Ponder how the Creator of the universe could come to this planet as a helpless baby and grow up to live as a holy / sinless man. (In a WORD, He lived His life on earth as the "exact representation of God" - Jesus!)
- Connect with Jesus as THE ONE AND ONLY: "We have seen His glory, the glory of THE ONE AND ONLY." Glory illuminates! Glory shines brightly!
- Connect with Jesus as GRACE AND TRUTH: "who came from the Father, full of GRACE AND TRUTH". What a balance! Last Thursday, I wrote about how these are like two prongs on an electrical plug that help us stay connected for transformation!
3. KEEP TALKING! KEEP IN CONTACT! Pray without ceasing! Let the Holy Spirit lead you as you stay plugged in to TRANSFORMING POWER!
2 Corinthians 4:
"For God, who said,
"Let light shine out of darkness,"
made His light shine in our hearts
to give us the light of the knowledge
of the glory of God in the face of Christ.
But we have this treasure in jars of clay
to show that this all-surpassing power
is from God and not from us.
We are hard pressed on every side,
but not crushed;
but not in despair;
but not abandoned;
but not destroyed.
We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus,
so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body..."