It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Thursday, August 19, 2010

THY WORD... TRANSFORMS OUR MINDS...


TRANSFORMING THURSDAY


Are you just as anxious, angry, driven, ego-fed, unhappy, or unsettled as those who do not claim Christ? Think about it! Think About It! THINK ABOUT IT! That's right... Romans 12:2 says to,
.
  • "Be transformed by the renewing of your minds."

The word translated TRANSFORMED is metamorphoo, from which we get metamorphosis. Paul uses a variant of that word in Galatians 4:19 when he uses the word FORMED,


  • "Until Christ is formed in you"


The transformation God desires for us is a process of morphing into Christlikeness... being FORMED into replicas of Christ... being TRANSFORMED into the image or reflection of Christ.

.

I have referred to the butterfly metamorphis many times on this blog. It is the first picture you see when you arrive here. A caterpillar and a butterfly are extremely opposite in form and function. The process takes time and work. Someone who has not been transformed by Christ is extremely opposite in form and function from someone who has been transformed.


.

This summer, I have taught the elementary aged kids at church. The focus has been: "PUT ON THE FULL ARMOR OF GOD". Why? Ephesians 6 says because it's the only way you can survive against the "evil one". Why? Ephesians 6 says because there are "evil days" for each of us.

.

How do you respond to the evil one? How do you react to evil days? Unsettled? Unhappy? Ego-fed? Driven? Angry? Anxious? Deep down, are you afraid to fly like a butterfly because it seems safer to remain on the ground? Are you frustrated? Afraid?

.

The butterfly is a beautiful and fragile creature. Oftentimes, the butterfly gets her wings clipped, bruised, or damaged. Then, the butterfly cannot fly. The butterfly needs armor / protection. Yet, the butterfly is not made to live in a cocoon either. To show her transparent beauty, she needs invisible protection.
.
In the month of September, my plan is for us to focus on THE FULL ARMOR OF GOD. For today, let's consider the aspect of the caterpillar and butterfly being opposites. Years ago, I was introduced to the concept of "God's Opposites" by my mother-in-love. It is a powerful tool to help me focus on God's word. It helps when you use the 4 R's to help you meditate/think/ponder as you transform:



  • Read it!

  • Review it! (thinking about it)

  • Recite it! (or repeating it over and over)

  • Remember it!

.

For Christians, it is morphing time. When Jesus told us the kingdom of God was at hand, He wasn't referring to a someday promise beyond the pearly gates. The kingdom is to be marked by changed lives... by the Fruit of the Spirit... by living out the Be-attitudes... by "Thy Word" taking root in our hearts... While you are focusing on the words of God by comparing the two columns below, think about how THE WORD demonstrated how to live this kind of transformed life. Think about Jesus! Think about how He lived. Think about how He was different from those around Him. "As you think in your heart, so are you..."

.

CATERPILLAR

BUTTERFLY

TALK:

LANGUAGE:

.

“I’m worthless!”

“I’m a gift of the LORD.”

Psalm 12:7

.

.

“I’m nothing!”

“I’m fearfully and wonderfully made.”

Psalm 139


.

.




“I’m stupid!”

“I give you wisdom.”

James 1:5

.

.


“I can’t figure things out!”

“I will direct your steps.”

Proverbs 20:24

.

.

“I’m not able!”

“I am able!”

2 Corinthians 9:8

.

.

“I’m not alone!”

“I will never leave/forsake you!”

Hebrews 13:5

.

.

“Nobody loves me!”

“I love you.”

John 3:16

.

.

“I can’t forgive myself!”

“I forgive you!”

I John 1:9; Romans 8:1
.

.

“I can’t manage!”

“I will supply your needs.”

Philippians 4:19

.

.


“I’m afraid!”

“I haven’t given you a spirit of fear.”

2 Timothy 1:7

.

.

“I’m worried/frustrated!”

“Cast all your cares on ME.”

1 Peter 5:7

.

.

“I’m too tired!”

“I will give you rest.”

Mathew 11:28-30

.

.

“I can’t go on!”

“My grace is sufficient.”

2 Corinthians 12:9

.

.

“It’s not worth it!”

“All things will work together for good…”

Romans 8:28

.




.

No comments:

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!