- France's star player was benched by the coach
- France's star player responded negatively
- The French coach kicked France's star player off the team
- The French team went on strike
- Eventually, when the team played, they got beat
- The French Prime Minister said, "The problem with our soccer team was not their legs but their hearts."
- It's about a RELATIONSHIP! The coach knows his players! He loves his players! He wants what is best for his players! Do the players feel the same?
- It's about TRAINING! Hours and hours of reading "the play book" and going through the drills. Practice! Practice! More than you planned!
- It's about CONFIDENCE! The players have experienced the coach's faithfulness over and over again. He is worthy of their trust! He knows his sport! He loves his sport! He can take these players who he knows and loves further than they have every thought possible.
Although, I have not taken us all the way through Craig's sermon today... there is certainly enough for us to meditate on...
- How's my relationship with Jesus - THE WORD?
- How's my training in hiding God's word in my heart?
- How's my trust in the ONE who can give me confidence?
You can access Craig's entire sermon at www.cochrist.org