- 1 John 2:3-6 And by this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him; 5 but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him: 6 the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as Jesus walked."
- 1 John 3:23-24 says, "And this is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us. 24 And the one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And we know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us."
In fact, other scriptures tell us how the Spirit of God comes to live in us and that if we allow that Holy Spirit to work in our lives that there are 9 characteristics or signs that will be God's fingerprint to the world through us:
- Acts 2:38-39 "Repent, and let each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."
- Galatians 5:22-25 "But the fruit of the Spirit is
Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."
- Romans 1:20 "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities-his eternal power and divine nature-have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse."
This was all made a little clearer to us on Sunday when Steve preached about the fingerprint of God in all of creation. It's there in every cell of our DNA, an ocean wave, a sunflower, the beak of a bird... and yesterday, one of my FB friends commented that after the sermon, their family even found it in a watermelon. He said, "We sliced open a watermelon for lunch yesterday - BAM! fibonacci spirals all over the cross section."
Want to know more? Scroll down and enjoy the video I posted yesterday on THE FINGERPRINT OF GOD. It's powerful! I'm so thankful that God chose to leave His fingerprint in Jesus, in us through the Holy Spirit, and in all of creation.