It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I AM CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST... I DON'T WANNA BUT I'M A GONNA...


There is something special about christian servants. People who have a heart for Jesus... who crucify their own selfish wants and instead use that time for the good of others. They go about "loving the LORD with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength and their neighbor as themselves..." . They might even say, "I don't wanna, but I'm a gonna!" Yep! That's my church family.
.
Close to 30 inches of snow is an incredible amount to fall in 24 hours time. Many people with back trouble (like my hubby) or older people have not a lot of options for snow removal. I've heard many wonderful stories of our church family heading out their doors with shovels to serve neighbors. It happened to us. I heard some scraping outside and looked out of my second floor bedroom window to find Dan using a snow blower and Garth using a shovel to clear our driveway. Thanks, Garth and Dan!
.





.

Not too many minutes later, one of our elders was driving by, and stopped to join the snow blowing fun. Thanks, Tom!

.
Tom had just gotten in the action when up pulls Brian and daughter Maggie with another snow blower. They stayed for hot chocolate after all the work was done! Thanks Brian and Maggie!
.
.
There's another kind of christian servant who has a strong sense of duty to God and country. These soldiers of the cross who are also soldiers of freedom and democracy understand what "dying for one's neighbor" looks like. When Jesus said, "Not my will but Thine be done...", He was in essence saying, "I don't wanna, but I'm a gonna'!"
.
Below is a picture of LeGrand and Carrie and their two sons. Originally, from Tulsa, Oklahoma, they now hail from Bentonville, Arkansas. LeGrande has been deployed to Pakistan where he was injured in a roadside bombing last Tuesday, February 2. His buddies were killed. He could not be flown to Bethesda, MD because of the east coast snowstorm. Yesterday, he was flown to San Antonio, Texas where Carrie was to join him. LeGrand's condition is critical. He has had to have both of his legs amputated. I am so appreciative for his servant heart and for those of his buddies who gave their lives. Please pray for everyone involved & that this terrible bombing insanity will cease. GIGATTAATTGIG!!!

I am thankful for Godly servant hearted people! These people live by a standard that often says, "I don't wanna' but I'm a gonna!"

.
To learn more about LeGrand's current condition and how you can be praying for this family, CLICK HERE.

.

2 comments:

JessieLeigh said...

I am always so inspired to read about people with such giving spirits. We have been blessed to be the recipients of such kindness before and try to "pay it forward". I look forward to checking out some more of your posts- I like the mission of your site!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

What a blessing to have them come help! Definitely a servant's heart!

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!