It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Friday, February 26, 2010

HE'S STILL WORKING ON ME... THROUGH MY WORLD WIDE FAMILY...



I love the worldwide family of God! I'm thinking of those of you who come to this blog on a regular basis from Albania, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Indonesia, Japan, Sweden... I am in awe that God is in the hearts and minds of people all over this Great Globe! I love what we have in common... the Christ connections...
.
Yesterday, I shared with you a poem that I was recently inspired by. I also told how I connected with the author and received an email of permission to use the poem from her. Making this connection this week reminded me of several other "connections" I've made over the years, but particularly one. Last night, as we sat together watching the Olympics, Steve said that my experience this week reminded him of another time over a decade ago. Yep! We were thinking of the same thing!
.
From 1995 to 2002 I owned a company that created and made inspirational angel jewelry, christian greeting cards, and christian framed prints. The name of the company was "Ten Thousand Angels". I hired up to 35 stay at home moms to make the products and had a manager, bookkeeper, stockers, packers, and shippers. All 4 of my kids worked for me after school in some capacity or another. I still did this while teaching at the college level. It was a full, fun, and crazy time!
.
One day, my business manager informed me that I had a message from the songwriter of the song, "Ten Thousand Angels" and he wanted me to call him back. My heart stopped! My mind immediately went to the negative. Oh, no! I thought for sure he was calling to say he had all the rights to that name. My mind even raced to thoughts of a possible law suit! I've worked hard over the years to not think the worst first. That day I thought the worst first! I was very nervous to call him back.
.

What a delightful conversation I had that day with Ray and Millie Overholt! Have you ever noticed that when people truly live out their christianity that their lives and words exude LOVE, MERCY, and GRACE?!?!!! That day, their words gave LIFE to the hearer - me! They said that they had heard of my company and were so excited that we were using the name from the song. They encouraged me to use whatever part of the lyrics I wanted to share the gospel story with the world. They said they were getting old and it was such a blessing for them to know that others would use the words of this song to teach others about Jesus. Notice the words in bold? Ray and Millie made the Ephesians 2 connection for me!

.

Over the next few years Ray and Millie called occasionally to "get a report" of how we were doing... how we were sharing the gospel. They wanted to remind me that I had their blessing and that they were so thankful for my work. What encouragers! Ray passed away in September 2008. He was a man who modeled for me some of the concepts of our Ephesians 2 memory verses. He thought and perceived things in The Heavenly Realms. The words He penned live on!
.
Ten Thousand Angels
Words and Music by Ray Overholt
*******
Matthew 26:53
"Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father,
and He shall presently give me
more than twelve legions of angels?"
**********
They bound the hands of Jesus
in the garden where He prayed;
They led Him thro' the streets in shame.
They spat upon the Savior
so pure and free from sin;
They said, "Crucify Him; He's to blame."
.
Refrain
He could have called ten thousand angels
To destroy the world and set Him free.
He could have called ten thousand angels,
But He died alone, for you and me.
.
Upon His precious head
they placed a crown of thorns;
They laughed and said,
"Behold the King!"
They struck Him and they cursed Him
and mocked His holy name
All alone He suffered everything.
.
Refrain
He could have called ten thousand angels
To destroy the world and set Him free.
He could have called ten thousand angels,
But He died alone, for you and me.
.
When they nailed Him to the cross,
His mother stood nearby,
He said, "Woman, behold thy son!"
He cried, "I thirst for water,"
but they gave Him none to drink.
Then the sinful work of man was done.
.
Refrain
He could have called ten thousand angels
To destroy the world and set Him free.
He could have called ten thousand angels,
But He died alone, for you and me.
.
To the howling mob He yielded;
He did not for mercy cry.
The cross of shame He took alone.
And when He cried, "It's finished,"
He gave Himself to die;
Salvation's wondrous plan was done.
.
Refrain
He could have called ten thousand angels
To destroy the world and set Him free.
He could have called ten thousand angels,
But He died alone, for you and me.
.

No comments:

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!