It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Saturday, August 1, 2009

YOU RAISE ME UP... IN SPITE OF MYSELF!!!

KETCHUP AND MUSTARD SATURDAY

Ketchup and Must Do
.
If I were in control of my life, my ketchup and mustard would probably never make it to the check out counter of the grocery. Without God, my life would be a mess!

.
With God, even a simple meal with a little ketchup and mustard becomes a banquet! That's how I feel today! A banquet in spite of the mess!
.
I still have boxes everywhere, until we finish with the work on our house. I have piles of paperwork to do between now and school starting September 1. I have unfulfilled obligations that need to be met. I have questions with no present answers! We have a sick daughter who has had a really rough week. In spite of it all, I choose Jesus! I choose wisdom! I am encouraged by so many of you!
.
Here is my Catch Up and Must Do for this week:
.

1. God has reinspired and "raised me up" this week to GET WISDOM! In fact, one week is not enough time to talk about how wisdom will raise us up. So, sometime before the year is over on this blog, I hope to come back to WISDOM for a few weeks.
.
  • Proverbs 4:5-95


  • "Acquire wisdom! Acquire understanding! Do not forget, nor turn away from the words of my mouth.

  • "Do not forsake her, and she will guard you;

  • Love her, and she will watch over you.

  • "The beginning of wisdom is: Acquire wisdom;

  • And with all your acquiring, get understanding.

  • "Prize her, and she will exalt you;

  • She will honor you if you embrace her.

  • "She will place on your head a garland of grace;

  • She will present you with a crown of beauty."
    .

2. God has "raised me up" this week by answering our prayers for Lauren Schwamb. If this is your first time here this week, go back to Tuesdays post and start there in catching up: Lauren got her heart transplant! It was a "perfect match"! (additional note: This morning on FB, Cristi posted this update about Lauren... " Cristi Schwamb is proud of her amazing little girl. Almost all of the lines/wires are out, and she sat up in bed for quite a while this morning. She's begging to get out of bed, but I'm insisting on bit of rest first. God is good!")
.

3. God has "raised me up" this week by being with young people traveling to camp and back and at camp. I am so encouraged to witness young people who love the LORD... and older people who take off work to serve!

























.

4. God has "raised me up" this week as I spent some time meditating over our Grandaughter Chloe's "July 2009 pics". New Life! Milestones! I am encouraged!














.
5. God has "raised me up" this week in my Bible study time with my Tuesday morning "sistas" AND my late Wednesday evening prayer group. What a blessing to know women who want to be transformed and are transparent in the process.
.

6. God has "raised me up" this week as I've witnessed the great pain of our daughter Jessica, to hear her talk. and know that in spite of this terrible trial GIGATTAATTGIG.
.
7. God has "raised my up" this week with the consistent encouragement of my life mate, my husband Steve. I definitely get a "piece of the Rock" through him.

.

8. God "raised me up" this week when I went again to read the blog of Terry Rush and find that the Spirit had led him again and again to write just what I needed. GIGATTAATTGIG!

http://terryrush.blogspot.com/2009/07/keep-god-outlook.html
http://terryrush.blogspot.com/2009/07/you-are-targeted.html

.
9. I'm looking forward to a wonderful afternoon honoring Matthew, Brenda, and Lexi Collins as they prepare to leave for a tour of duty in Okinawa. I praise God how he has "raised me up" through this couple. I praise God for how He has "raised up" this young family. I hope to post pics here of our "send off" later this afternoon.
.
NOTE: THIS NEXT WEEK WE ARE MOVING ON TO THE TOPIC OF WOMEN OF PURPOSE! PLEASE JOIN US BEGINNING TOMORROW RIGHT HERE!

1 comment:

Brenda Collins said...

I am so thankful for little lauren's new heart!

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!