It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

PERFECT PEOPLE...ONLY IN CHRIST...





















There was a lot of excitement in downtown Philadelphia yesterday as I headed to meet Steve and Carl & Smitty Brecheen at Independence Hall. I snapped some pics with my cell phone as dozens of television trucks awaited the verdict of yet another senator who had fallen into corruption. The trucks/vans on my left, the court house on my right, and Independence Hall straight ahead.


What a great nation! Founded by men who believed in the One God! Founded by men who based how they lived on the Word of God! What a great nation that at least still makes an effort to right injustices. A nation that trusts in God and believes in liberty... freedom... being united... I can only pray that this nation holds to the truths that our founding fathers found so evident! As we sat in the buggy in front of Independence Hall I took this picture of the flag that stands majestically in front. The way the sun shines down on it makes my heart say, "America may God continue to shed His grace on thee!"
.
At first, I didn't know what all the hoopla was about. So, just for a fleeting moment, I hoped that reporters had heard that a great man and woman of God were in downtown Philadelphia, the city of love. Oh, well! The God of love and you and I know that the news reporters missed The Story! Smitty and Carl got in a carriage with Steve and I and took a tour while the news people waited.

.

.
This week, Dr. Carl Brecheen has been the adult teacher for our VBS.
.
Carl, like our founding fathers, believes that the WORD OF GOD is "living and active"...it's applicable to our lives. In fact, He spoke last night about being wise and about the woman of "noble character"... a woman who is wise enough to keep herself daily in THE WORD OF GOD... Thank you for joining me on:


The last few days, Carl has stressed over and over again the importance of men and women...
  1. meeting God alone first thing each morning to start the new day
  2. reading, memorizing, and meditating on scripture
  3. praying to God (not just "saying our prayers"); include, praying over scripture
  4. singing christian songs
  5. being a humble and wise seeker of righteousness

.

I ask you to join me right now in meeting God using some of the principles that Dr. Carl has been teaching us:

.

1. MEET GOD! Right here! Right now!

.

2. SCRIPTURE: READ His inspired Word!

  • Romans 12:2 "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

.

3. SCRIPTURE: MEMORIZE! Read 4 times! Quote 4 times! Read 4! Quote 4.

.

  • 1st PHRASE- 1st READ: -"And do not be conformed to this world..." Now, quote it!
  • 1st PHRASE - 2nd READ - "And do not be conformed to this world..." Now, quote it!
  • 1st PHRASE - 3rd READ -"And do not be conformed to this world..." Now, quote it!
  • 1st PHRASE - 4th READ -"And do not be conformed to this world..." Now, quote it!

  • .
  • 2nd PHRASE - 1st READ -"...but be transformed by the renewing of your mind..." Now, quote it!
  • 2nd PHRASE - 2nd READ - "...but be transformed by the renewing of your mind..." Now, quote it!
  • 2nd PHRASE - 3rd READ - "...but be transformed by the renewing of your mind..." Now, quote it!
  • 2nd PHRASE - 4th READ - "...but be transformed by the renewing of your mind..." Now, quote it!

  • .
  • 3rd PHRASE - 1st READ - "...that you may prove what the will of God is..." Now, quote it!
  • 3rd PHRASE - 2nd READ-"...that you may prove what the will of God is..." Now, quote it!
  • 3rd PHRASE - 3rd READ - "...that you may prove what the will of God is..." Now, quote it!
  • 3rd PHRASE -4th READ - "...that you may prove what the will of God is..." Now, quote it!
  • .
    .
  • 4th PHRASE - 1st READ - "...that which is good and acceptable and perfect." Now, quote it!
  • 4th PHRASE - 2nd READ- "...that which is good and acceptable and perfect." Now, quote it!
  • 4th PHRASE - 3rd READ- "...that which is good and acceptable and perfect." Now, quote it!
  • 4th PHRASE - 4th READ- "...that which is good and acceptable and perfect." Now, quote it!
  • .
    .
  • Romans 12:2
  • Romans 12:2
  • Romans 12:2
  • Romans 12:2

.

Can you quote this scripture from memory? Try it again tomorrow... how about try it for the next 4 days? Get it deep within your heart!!!!

.

4. SCRIPTURE: MEDITATE / PRAY over it with a HUMBLE heart!

  • Dear Lord, You are my Heavenly Father! I praise You for making this world and everything in it. Yet, You teach me to "not be conformed to this world". To not get stuck in just doing what everyone else does. I'm thinking about the caterpillar who is basically stuck to crawling on the ground or on a branch. You want me to be all I am intended to be... to fly... to soar... to be beautiful... You want me to "be transformed by the renewing of" my mind. God, I need daily renewal of my mind by being in your WORD. I need renewal by talking to You, being with Your people, and learning from those who are wise in Your ways. When I do not renew my mind, I have so many questions, doubts, and fears. Yet, You say that I should do this "...to prove what the will of God is...". You are so right! I confess to You that when I am not daily renewing my mind... listening to You... that I struggle (like a caterpillar) with what Your will is! I just want to "get it" every day that it is You and You alone Who is "good... acceptable... perfect... " and Who can transform me into the best that I can be. Thank You for opening Your arms to this sinful, unacceptable, and imperfect woman with Your grace and Your mercy. I'm grateful for the hope that I see when I think of the caterpillars transformation to a butterfly. Thank you for seeing me perfect because I am in Christ! Thank You, Jesus!"

.

5. SING: I can sing so many christian songs like our theme song of this week:

.

There's no such thing as perfect people.
There's no such thing as a perfect life.
So come as you are, broken and scarred.
Lift up your heart and be amazed
And be changed by a perfect God.

.

If you live in Jersey, Delaware, or the Philly area,

come tonight at 7 p.m.

and hear Carl speak on

the FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT in our lives.

.

No comments:

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!