It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

BY YOUR SIDE...LIVING WATER... IN YOU...LIVING WATER...



WOMEN IN THE WORD
WEDNESDAY
.
Yesterday, in our Tuesday Bible class, we broke off in pairs to memorize scripture using Dr. Carl Brecheen's pattern: READ 4! QUOTE 4! Yet, that's really not the order of the pattern. It's more like:
.
  • Read phrase one! Quote phrase one!
  • Read phrase one! Quote phrase one!
  • Read phrase one! Quote phrase one!
  • Read phrase one! Quote phrase one!

Then, you do the same for each phrase in the verse or verses that you are memorizing.

.

Karelle was my partner as we memorized Romans 12:2 together. It was powerful, then, when we all got back in a circle and quoted it to each other:

  • Romans 12:2
  • "And do not be conformed to this world,
  • but be transformed by the renewing of your mind,
  • that you may prove what the will of God is,
  • that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

.

We memorized this same verse on last Wednesday's post if this blog: http://momstransformed.blogspot.com/2009/07/perfect-people_15.html

.

Join me today, as we memorize words said by Jesus to the woman at the WELL! Our study of the Virtuous Woman is convincing us of many things, 2 of which are:

  1. She gets her worth from JESUS
  2. She hides THE WORD in her heart

.

John 4:14 is THE WORD from JESUS to hide in our hearts today...

.

  • READ: "...but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst..." Now, QUOTE IT!
  • READ: "...but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst..." Now, QUOTE IT!
  • READ: "...but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst..." Now, QUOTE IT!
  • READ: "...but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst..." Now, QUOTE IT!

.

  • READ: "...but the water that I shall give him shall become..." Now, QUOTE IT!
  • READ: "...but the water that I shall give him shall become..." Now, QUOTE IT!
  • READ: "...but the water that I shall give him shall become..." Now, QUOTE IT!
  • READ: "...but the water that I shall give him shall become..." Now, QUOTE IT!

.

  • READ: "...in him a well of water springing up to eternal life. " Now, QUOTE IT!
  • READ: "...in him a well of water springing up to eternal life. " Now, QUOTE IT!
  • READ: "...in him a well of water springing up to eternal life. " Now, QUOTE IT!
  • READ: "...in him a well of water springing up to eternal life. " Now, QUOTE IT!

.

Have you been to THE WELL? Like the Samaritan woman, have you drunk deeply Does this life giving water bubble up from your soul as encouragement for others? In that same chapter in John, Jesus refers to this water as "LIVING WATER". Then, in John 7, He says, "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, 'From his innermost being shall flow rivers of LIVING WATER.'" But this He spoke of the Spirit..."

.

We sang a song in class yesterday that has been a favorite of the Sikes family for years. It was new to many. The words are:

.

"I've got a river of life flowing out of me!

Makes the lame to walk and the blind to see!

Opens prisons doors! Sets the captives free!

I've got a river of life flowing out of me!

Spring up a well within my soul!

Spring up a well and make me whole!

Spring up a well and give me that life abundantly!"

.

When I know that I am IN CHRIST... when I understand His sacrificial love for me... when I begin to understand the verses that we've been memorizing or the acrostic that we learned the last few days, then we will begin to understand this LIVING WATER:

.

  • "...but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst...
  • "...but the water that I shall give him shall become..
  • "...in him a well of water springing up to eternal life. " Now, QUOTE IT!

.

Two hinderances that keep women from defining their worth IN CHRIST and allowing this LIVING WATER to spring from within:

  • Guilt that stems from an inability or refusal to accept God’s forgiveness
  • Not believing that obedience to Jesus Christ is more fulfilling than any earthly pleasure

.

May THE LIVING WATER permeate your being as He lives in you and walks beside you today!

.

No comments:

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!