It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

HE IS EXALTED...THROUGH TRANSFORMED DADS...




I am so thankful for Bible Heroes of faith. Noah was an incredible man who was a reflection of his Heavenly Father to his family. Not only did his three sons work beside him, but they and their wives were considered righteous and were therefore saved during the worldwide flood along with Noah and his wife. If Noah lived today, I would call him a "transformed dad". Noah lived his life to exalt THE MOST HIGH GOD.

.

Today, I have on my mind a few of the many "transformed dads" who I know. This morning, a group of "transformed moms" will meet for Bible study. Those "transformed moms" who are married to husbands who have been transformed by Christ are so blessed. Yet, being "in Christ" certainly does not mean that life is trouble free.
.
My brother, Steve, a gospel preacher in Alabama, posted the above picture on FB this week. I love it! It is so applicable to my GRATITUDE LIST today.
.
  • I am thankful to my brother, Steve Klein, for how he cares for our mother who lives in their home. Mom has Alzheimer's and some days for Steve and Sandi are "36 hour days". They have a baby monitor in mom's adjoining apartment. All she has to do is call during the night and Steve comes running. Steve lives his life to exalt THE MOST HIGH GOD.
  • I am thankful for Scott McEndree who models Christ in how he interacts with his wife and four small children although he is experiencing a very serious bout with cancer at the Cancer Treatment Center of America in Philadelphia. I love his daily blog! Amazing! You can link to it over on the right sidebar by clicking their family picture. Scott lives his life to exalt THE MOST HIGH GOD.

  • I am thankful for Tim Schwamb who is continual light and salt to my life (and even with a little levity) as he keeps the home fires blazing while Cristi and Lauren wait in the hospital for Lauren's heart transplant. I told him last night on FB that I think their's would be an incredible reality show for all of us to watch. I have made a link to Tim's blog over on the right under Cristi's blog link. Tim lives his life to exalt THE MOST HIGH GOD.

  • I am thankful for our nephew, Josh Marcum, and his strong walk with the LORD. If you have followed this blog for any amount of time, you may have visited his and Julie's blog that they post from Bolivia - where they are missionaries. Last week Josh was in a tragic bus crash with his youth group. Josh has 3 broken ribs. Many have more severe injuries. Three girls lost their lives. Julie has given some very detailed posts this last week ... heart wrenching. You can link up on the right sidebar under "SIKES FAMILY LINKS". Josh lives his life to exalt THE MOST HIGH GOD.



  • I am thankful for the husband of our niece, Vanessa. Brad Leonard works more than extremely long hours at the Pentagon and comes home to be an amazing "transformed dad". All you have to do is read some of Vanessa's posts to get a picture of this servant hearted man. You can also link to their blog under "SIKES FAMILY LINKS". Brad lives his life to exalt THE MOST HIGH GOD.


  • I am thankful for our son, Jordan Sikes, who I have seen transform repeatedly through his young life to become more and more Christlike. It's been an incredibly tough four years of going to medical school, becoming a father while finishing up, buying a house, making the move in the last month. His wife, Jacqueline, wrote a post about him the other day, as he began his three year residency (they say residency can be harder than med. school). Her post made this mom cry! You can also link to their blog under "SIKES' FAMILY LINKS". Jordan lives his life to exalt THE MOST HIGH GOD.


Yes, I am thankful for many more "transformed dads", especially my husband, Steve. What an incredible model of what a "transformed dad" looks like, a reflection of our Heavenly Father. You can link to his blog over at SIKES' FAMILY LINKS as well. Steve lives his life to exalt THE MOST HIGH GOD.
.
I have one more to include. He's not a Dad! He's our other son, Caleb. Caleb married Krista on 7-7-07. Today is their 2nd year anniversary! Bless you both! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! And thank you for living your lives to exalt THE MOST HIGH GOD.


.

No comments:

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!