It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Saturday, December 13, 2008

TESTIFY TO LOVE: EVEN WHEN YOUR LIFE IS IT'S TOUGHEST

KETCHUP AND MUSTARD SATURDAY


.

I'm cranky! I'm irritable! I've gone for way too many days without much sleep. I've said things and thought things that I wish I wouldn't and know I shouldn't. There are many circumstances in my life that I want to just go away!
.
So, what's the answer? The semester is coming to a close, there are papers to grade, there are presents to buy and money that I don't have to spend. Crystal will be home today! I'm very excited to see her! Hug her! Spend time with her! Yet, I feel like Satan is hitting from all sides and he's wanting to come in for a really big blow. I'm trying to keep my eyes on Jesus...it reminds me of a childhood song...I need to go back to kindergarten again...

.

Be careful little eyes what you see

.
Be careful little ears what you hear....
.
Be careful little mouth what you say...

.
Be careful little feet where you go...


For the Father up above is looking down in LOVE,

So, be careful little feet where you go.

.
Not again! There's another mess in aisle 13.
Someone spilled the ketchup and mustard!
I've been talking the last couple weeks about love in spite of the circumstances.
  • Two weeks ago, the theme song was: THAT'S WHAT LOVE IS.
  • Last week's song was: LEGACY OF LOVE.
  • And, this week: TESTIFY TO LOVE
.

This week I shared with you about two peoople who are very special to me: my mother-in-law and my third child - a son. Both of their lives have been very hard... over the top hard. Each has been inundated with difficult circumstances, even this year... even this week... even yesterday... we've been in contact... as I sigh deeply, once again, I think, "Life is hard, but GOD is good."

.

I'm reading a little book called: GOD IS IN THE TOUGH STUFF, by Bruce and Stan. I quote from chapter one:

"More than your attitude is affected by adversity. Your spiritual equilibrium can also be thrown off-kilter. Often, the frustration that accompanies your hardship leads to a spiritual misconception. God has abandoned you. While this isn't true, it is easy to see how you can reach this flawed conclusion........Rather than approaching your tough times with the attitude that GOD has vanished, use these circumstances to find GOD. He is there. And He isn't hiding. He wants you to feel His presence. He wants you to sense His love for you. He desires for you to understand His purposes for allowing these difficulties in your life.

.

GOD is with you. Yes, He is all-powerful and capable of changing the tough circumstances of your life. But because He loves you and wants what is best for you. He will not eliminate those problems if He knows they serve a beneficial purpose in your life. He never promised to protect you from all hurt, but He has promised to be by your side during every bit of it.

.

If you mistakenly assume that GOD is not present, you'll be spiritually blind to His presence. But if you take GOD at His word and expect to find Him in the darkest hours, you'll be surprised that you see Him all around you. Suddenly, the severity of your problems will shrink in comparison to the magnitude of GOD's presence in your life:

.

  • GOD doesn't remove the difficulty and pain, but He will be there with you through it.
  • It is almost impossible to see GOD with your spiritual eyes closed.
  • GOD's continual presence with you is one of His presents to you.
  • How do you expect to recognize GOD during times of crisis if you haven't been taking notice of Him when things are going well?
  • GOD is with you when the going gets tough, but He's a perfect gentleman. He won't carry your load unless you ask Him to."

.

P.S.

As I finish writing this post, my email bell told me that I was receiving another email. Steve's Uncle Barry, who has been in great shape and was actually playing Pickle Ball last week, fell and hit his head during a game... went to Urgent Care...was taken care of and released...went on vacation... collapsed and was taken by ambulance to the nearest hospital...was eventually diagnosed with meningitis/encephalitis...his wife fell at the hospital and hurt her knee so bad that she will have trouble using that leg for 5 weeks...last night Uncle Barry was rushed to surgery... and now this:

"Dear All...Dad came through the surgery fine but did have a perforated bowel or intestine (I should have taken Anatomy in school). The surgeon could not repair the damage immediately could not attach the colon to the intestine - so dad will be dealing with a colostomy bag for 4 to 6 months until sufficient healing has occurred and corrective surgery can be administered. Dave is flying out this morning to see what he can do to help - it is uncertain what this all means as far as getting dad and mom home and on the mend....Thanks for the prayers on dad's behalf! Love, D"

.

GOD IS LOVE!

TESTIFY TO LOVE:

EVEN WHEN LIFE IS IT'S TOUGHEST

.

P.S, P.S.

GOD, just gave me a second P.S...

Someone just accessed this website by googling Stanley Shipp. They were brought to my September 11 post on Stanley. It reminded me that I needed to read the story again. So, I just went and re-read it: What a testimony to love when life is it's toughest! Thank you, GOD.

.

http://momstransformed.blogspot.com/2008/09/find-us-faithful-in-all-our-september.html

.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patti, I just got finished reading your post and I also went back to be encouraged by your tribute to Stanley Shipp. Awesome! I'm lifting you up in prayer as you are feeling your burdens. I am praying that you will take time to sleep some today and maybe say "no" to something today. Praying for your family members that you mentioned also. I love you and hurt for you and with you!!! Be encouraged!

Anonymous said...

Patti, I too am lifting you up in prayer. I hope you are encouraged and know how loved you are. Hope to see you and love on you soon.

M. Patterson

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!