It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Saturday, December 20, 2008

HOLD ME, JESUS: GOD STOP! GOD'S GOLD!






KETCHUP AND MUSTARD SATURDAY
or
Catch Up and Must Do Saturday




CATCH-UP:
Throughout the course of this blog, I have referred to the term GOD STOP or GOD'S GOLD. These are moments when you take time to see and marvel at the evident way GOD is working in your life and/or answering your prayers. At these times, you know that GOD is gifting you with some of the great riches of heaven. This past Wednesday, my friend and christian sister, Alana had a wonderful GOD STOP post. In her post, Alana introduces GOD STOPS in this way:

  • "There are moments each day when we see Jesus and we recognize Him. I believe there are more moments in each day when we don't see Him for one reason or another. And still other moments when we CHOOSE not to see Him. I'm sad to say the latter two play more a role at times than I would like.Yesterday I made up my mind to see Him! I know I've been missing opportunities to show Christ. This has left me feeling a bit hollow and unhappy with myself. So, I hit my knees yesterday, for a good long while and poured myself out...asking God to fill me up. Late in the afternoon He answered a prayer..."
.
Do you see GOD working in the moments of each and everyday? Do you see Him answering your prayers? Are you letting Him hold you until the time is right for His answer?
.
GOD STOP #1: I shared with you on TRANSFORMING THURSDAY.
.
GOD STOP #2: Many of you know about Jessica's 13 year battle with chronic migraines, fibromyalgia, and bouts of chronic fatigue. We've tried many treatments and therapies all over the country - both mainline and alternative medicine. Last Christmas season, Jessica was in the #1 treatment center for migraines in the world. The bill was very high and over this past year we had been getting not much help paying it from our Cobra insurance. Then, out of the blue, they paid over $7,000. We were thankful but I decided not to call and ask why that's all they paid, for fear I'd rock the boat. I just continued to pray. It was discouraging. I could not see GOD at work in this situation. But GOD has shown me once again that He's at work whether I can see Him or not. Last Tuesday, we opened a new bill to find that over $20,000 additional had been taken off our bill and all they are asking us to pay now is about $1,000. I'll tell you $1,000 looks real good compared to $30,000. I cannot thank GOD enough for this wonderful visual of His faithfulness. Through this past year, He has held me and I have held on tight!
.
GOD STOP #3: This past Wednesday night, Melva updated some of us on Lily Grace after our devotional was over. She said, "I just feel the need for us to pray for this little family." We circled up, held hands and prayed. We found out the next morning that as Melva was "feeling the need", Lily Grace was being carried to heaven. Indeed her family will need comfort...need to be held...need to be carried... Read Lily's story at: http://www.lilyblessings.blogspot.com/
.

MUST DO:

Many of you have family and friends gathering for the holidays. Tonight we had a Christmas program at church that was truly inspirational. Thank you to all involved. Our company spent the day in NYC going to Times Square and Rockefellar Center to see the Christmas trees....and of course, Toys R Us. When they returned home this evening and we returned home from the Christmas program, I had a home cooked meal ready for us all. Here are a few pics of the NYC trip and dinner afterwards:







I won't finish this week without the ever popular poem about when Jesus does the "holding". .. "the carrying"...

,


Footprints
One night I had a dream-
I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord
and across the sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene I noticed two sets of footprints,
one belonged to me and the other to the Lord.
When the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that many times along the path of my life,
there was only one set of footprints.
I also noticed that it happened at the very lowest
and saddest times in my life.
This really bothered me
and I questioned the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
you would walk with me all the way,
but I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life
there is only one set of footprints.
"I don't understand why in times when I needed you most,
you should leave me."
The Lord replied,
"My precious, precious child, I love you
and I would never, never leave you
during your times of trial and suffering.
"When you saw only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."...Mary Stevenson.
.

No comments:

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!