It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Monday, December 29, 2008

BECAUSE HE LIVES: I HAVE ULTIMATE HOPE... AND HELP FOR THE JOURNEY

MEDITATION MONDAY


Yesterday, Dan Cooper preached the final sermon in a series from the book of Isaiah that he and Steve have given for several months. Dan's topic:


JESUS...OUR ULTIMATE HOPE! Isaiah 9:6

.

Just know this....the first 39 chapters of Isaiah are mostly about the "gloom and doom" of God's people because they were not "walking with GOD". Yet, interspersed throughout those 39 chapters are little verses full of light to a dark world...verses of HOPE. Join me in reading one of those verses:

.

"For a child will be born to us,

a son will be given to us;

And the government will rest on His shoulders;

And His name will be called


Wonderful Counselor

Mighty God

Eternal Father

Prince of Peace."


Today, let's meditate on those four descriptions / names of JESUS CHRIST. I'll share some of Dan's thoughts, some of my own, and along the way the Holy Spirit will touch our hearts with new and convicting thoughts about these wonderful concepts.

.

Jesus is WONDERFUL COUNSELOR!

That means that if I've gone to ten different counselors over my life and I say that this ONE is really wonderful...then, just maybe you will write His name down in your datebook or phonebook to keep for future reference. BTW, a wonderful counselor is probably a great listener, very empathetic. He has alot of practical wisdom. He can analyze your situations. He can come up with some amazingly creative insights, interventions, strategies to meet your needs. He can get you on a remarkable victorious life path. In choosing a WONDERFUL COUNSELOR, I would want Him to be my TOP ADVISOR.

Rate yourself on Dan's SELF-EVALUATION QUESTION:

I listen to and follow the counsel and advice of Jesus Christ as I make the daily decisions in the affairs of my life. Rate yourself now!

1......2.........3.......4.......5.......6.......7.......8.......9.......10

Not at all...Sometimes.....Most of the time...All the Time


.

Jesus is MIGHTY GOD!

That means that even though I've heard the stuff about how "Jesus was a weakling" and "Jesus was more than a pacifist" that I can confidently say "NO!" Have you not heard that there is a war going on and I'm not talking about the one in Iraq. Ephesians 6 tells us that GOD is offering us His armor to put on. In fact, it says "put on the whole armor of GOD..." Jesus is a focused soldier...strong and courageous. The world is like a jungle and Jesus sent His disciples out to do no less than He expected of Himself:

Matthew 10:16-17


"Behold,

I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves;

therefore be shrewd as serpents,

and innocent as doves."


Or how about "as gentle as a lamb" who has on GOD's armor?

Read On:


Revelation 17:14

"These will wage war against the Lamb,

and the Lamb will overcome them,

because He is Lord of lords and King of kings,

and those who are with Him

are the called and chosen and faithful."

.

BTW, I suspect from reading scripture that a MIGHTY GOD is also a MIGHTY WARRIOR. That means that He is probably passionate about The Cause...willing to give everything...even His life for it. He is very alert and focused. He has alot of practical strategies for fighting the enemy. He can analyze the offense or defense in every detail. He can come up with some amazingly creative insights for every battle. He knows He will win the war! He is FEARLESS! In choosing a MIGHTY GOD, I would want Him to be a MIGHTY WARRIOR!


Rate yourself on Dan's SELF-EVALUATION QUESTION:
I allow Jesus Christ to fight my daily battles, trusting Him to bring the victory, instead of waging the war myself. Rate yourself now!


1......2........3.......4.......5.......6.......7.......8.......9.......10

Not at all...Sometimes.....Most of the time...All the Time
.

.
Jesus is EVERLASTING FATHER!
Often when our earthly Father passes on, it leaves us with a void...hurt...unfinished business... but this Father is everlasting. Scripture says this everlasting Father is Jesus. How can that be? How can Jesus be a Father when He's the Son? Well, Jack and Robbie have a son named Steve Sikes. In 1981, Steve Sikes became a Father to Jordan. Does that mean that Steve is no longer a son? No! He just has another role to fulfill. Soon, the LORD willing, Jordan will become a Father. He will remain son of Steve and grandson of Jack. Even though it's hard to conceptualize Jesus as a Father, scripture says that it is true, so I believe it. Think about what a father is to do: protect, provide, nurture, lead, guide, teach, train, love...BTW, Jesus does say "the Father and I are One..." Jesus is willing to give everything...including the amazing love of the Father. He protects us. He is practical in showing us how to live our lives. He teaches us how to analyze our thoughts, so they will be like His. He comes up with some amazingly creative ways to provide for us, teach us, and love us. He knows how to be a Father...after all, He's already such a good shepherd for His sheep. In choosing an EVERLASTING FATHER, I would want Him to be a PROVIDER FOREVER.

.

Rate yourself on Dan's SELF-EVALUATION QUESTION:

I trust in Jesus alone to both protect and provide for the needs of my family and me. Rate yourself now!

1......2.......3.......4.......5.......6.......7.......8.......9.......10


Not at all...Sometimes.....Most of the time....All the Time

.

Jesus is PRINCE OF PEACE!
That means that my GOD, who is also my Father and Counselor is royalty who believes in the absence of strife. I've never met such a person! This is incredibly interesting! All that counseling, warrior, and family talk could lead me to feeling a little stressful, yet now we're talking about THE ABSENCE OF STRIFE! Whoa! BTW, a prince who is peaceful probably won't bring up my record of wrongs. He will be kind, gentle, and patient. I'm thinking that He will be practical in how He goes about blessing and ministering. He'll analyze things to better understand...not to pick apart. He'll come up with some amazingly creative ways for there to be peace on earth. In choosing a PRINCE OF PEACE, I would want Him to be my LIFE CALMER.

.
Rate yourself on Dan's SELF-EVALUATION QUESTION:
I have allowed Jesus Christ to calm my life and restore my broken relationship with GOD! Rate yourself now!


1......2.......3.......4.......5.......6.......7........8.........9.......10
Not at all...Sometimes.....Most of the time....All the Time

.

I hope this time of meditation has been a blessing to you!

Because my wonderful counselor, mighty God, everlasting Father, and Prince of Peace lives...I CAN FACE TOMORROW! HE GIVES ME HOPE AND HELP FOR THE JOURNEY!


.

No comments:

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!