- Some hours in our lives are tougher than others.
- Some days in our lives are rougher than others.
- Some weeks in our lives seem like they will never end.
- Some years in our lives, it is hard to put one foot in front of the other.
One of those years, in the past decade, found my hours, days, and weeks full of crying out to the LORD. Challenges with family, work, friends, and church literally took my breath away. I would get in my car to head for work and turn on christian radio, "Spirit 95". Invariably, the song that was #1 for 24 weeks that year would be playing: MY SAVIOR MY GOD, sung by Aaron Shust. I would sing along... be ministered to... and then, another song from the top 10 would play. It was amazing how God used those songs to sustain me:
1. MY SAVIOR MY GOD - Aaron Shust
2. HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD - Christ Tomlin
3. THIS MAN - Jeremy Camp
4. PRAISE YOU IN THIS STORM - Casting Crowns
5. I AM - Mark Schultz
6. CRY OUT TO JESUS - Third Day
7. MOUNTAIN OF GOD - Third Day
8. WELCOME HOME - Brian Litrell
9. SO LONG SELF - Mercy Me
10. BREATHE INTO ME - Red
This weekend, as I battled tendonitis in my leg, I sat a lot (with my leg propped up)and listened to christian music:
- via this blog
- on my Ipod
- on my cell phone
- on my DVR
As I leave the house today, my CD is already set for music of BLESSING.
NOTE: The words to MY SAVIOR MY GOD are on yesterday's post. I am moving some of these top 10 songs of 2006 up to the top of my playlist.