Our little town has a banner across it's main street that proclaims, "KEEP CHRIST IN CHRISTMAS". If you sit on the curb and look up, you can see that proclamation above.
- Jesus is God, our Creator and King.
- Jesus humbled Himself to come to earth to show us how to live.
- Jesus died on the cross to show us how to love.
- Jesus rose from the grave to show us there is life after death.
- Jesus ascended into heaven to show us that HE LIVES eternally!
If you read at wikipedia.com, about Pitman, NJ, you will find some of these statements about the beginning of Pitman:
..."The land had an auditorium located on a central
meeting ground, and twelve roads originated from the central area as spokes on a wheel, each representing one of the disciples of Jesus. "
"...worshipers' tents originally lined each of the
twelve roads, cottages slowly replaced the tents and formed the foundation of the town of Pitman."
..."In 1904, residents of Pitman Grove voted 122 to 35
for incorporation as an autonomous borough..."
- live in a nation founded with Jesus Christ in mind...
- live in a town founded with Jesus Christ in mind...
- live in a town that celebrates Christmas with Jesus Christ in mind...
Let's all live EVERYDAY with Jesus Christ in mind!!!!!!!!!
I say, "Let's replace that sign on 12/26/11 with KEEP CHRIST IN MY EVERYDAY!!!