It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Saturday, May 1, 2010

WE LOVE YOU LORD... HEART...SOUL...MIND...STRENGTH...AH! HA!...

KETCHUP AND MUSTARD SATURDAY
Catch Up and Must Do
.
Whew! Any of you feel like I do? I made it through this past week... month... semester... I need sleep!!!! Yesterday afternoon, I came home from work and went to bed at 5 p.m. I was pretty sure that I was going to sleep through the night. My body needed it! In fact, by 7:30, all of us were in bed. Wow! Had that ever happened before?
.
Before 8 p.m. there was a banging at the front door and my groggy self took forever to get out of a deep sleep. Later, I would find a paper stuck in my door saying that it had been a Census bureau worker. Well, that did it for me! I ended up not going back to sleep until almost 2 a.m. My brain cells were too tired to do much during my awake time. Three things I did do: 1. Had a marvelous time reflecting on our retreat, via re-reading my posts this week; 2. Had a wonderfully long phone conversation with one of our sons; 3. Ate a scrumptious dinner (cooked by Steve) with Steve and Jessica at 1 a.m. this morning (because by that time we were all up!).
.
Okay! So, here it is time for my Saturday lunch with you over a burger. Ketchup? Mustard? Both?
.
Two things for "catch up and must do":
  1. I have posted this month's new memory verses above. It was used a lot at our retreat and is the scripture that Jesus was connecting with in our last month's verses. Interesting to note that we memorized last month to love God with all of our heart, soul, mind, and strength. Deuteronomy does not use the word "mind".
  2. I still have lots of little note cards that were written on by women at the retreat. These were reflective thoughts or Ah! Ha! moments that they had. I will share them below. So, I leave you with posts from last Saturday through today as a continual reminder of the rich ways "the whole person" was fed at our retreat. May God be loved, honored, and adored by the transformations that take place within us!

REFLECTIVE THOUGHTS OR Ah! Ha! MOMENTS:

  1. When I left the session, I went to my room and looked at my reflection in the mirror. I said outloud, "You're such a bad person!" Then, I remembered what I had just learned... THE DEVIL IS A LIAR. That isn't what God says!
  2. I need renewal! Romans 12:1-2 ... pleasing God renews our minds... do all things w/ God as your focus and purpose... we must approve God's perfect will in our lives....
  3. Any interest or activity in our lives that we allow to become an obsession will take away from our true purpose - to love and serve our God.
  4. Why would God, who created us, desire relationship with us?!??!!! Of what benefit is that to Him?!!!?!!
  5. I was struck by the statement about how satan loves to use lies, particularly lies we tell ourselves about ourselves. I can think of many things in that category in my own life.
  6. Our marriages can be made more complete and satisfying as we allow our growing relationships with God to fill in the missing pieces of intimacy, passion, and committment that we desire and miss from our human mates. We need, love, desire, and crave God more than anything else in the world; cannot live without Him!
  7. Loving God with all my heart has given me such peace... peace I have never felt before...
  8. Laying (my) self before God and knowing that He is still working on me. Nothing can seperate me from His love... no matter what I don't do!
  9. Jesus is ready to heal me. All I need to do is reach out to Him. No matter how ugly, dirty, sinful, undeserving I feel. Satan will try to tell me that I am beyond help...that no one can save me. But it's a lie! All I need is the kind of faith that loves God with everything... He is waiting for me.
  10. You need all three... not one or two, in order to have a complete relationship: 1. commitment; 2. passion; 3. intimacy
  11. Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God." I am always amazed at how changed I am when I am spending quiet time with the LORD. Reading through my Bible where the breath of God is just as alive as it was when it was written. How peaceful and comforted and strengthened I feel. This time spent just in quiet listening to Him... feeling His presence around me... knowing that He knows my heart and mind even when I am not talking. Thank you, Jesus.
  12. In loving God we ought to show some sign of letting our light so shine that others know what it is and seek to love Him also.
  13. With all the craziness of this hectic life and it's distractions, it's easy to lose sight of the fact that my God so dearly loves me. It is important for me to stop and reflect on His word and what he says to me through it. He thinks I'm special and calls me "precious". I am in awe, that with all my flaws and inadequacies that the Father of all creation longs to spend time with me. What an honor! How amazing!
  14. I love and need this lesson. I feel as if I am personally being addressed, as I have been struggling with these feelings of lack of faith, unable to feel anything.... I have suffered from negative thinking for awhile, knew this, have tried to break free and am even going to counseling but now I really understand the impact of that negative thinking... I have believed the devil's lies that I am unlovable.
  15. I must think like Jesus! "He thinks that I am to die for!" In fact, Jesus is a gentleman who "stands at the door and knocks"... He is love! Satan is the father of lies! He comes in the backdoor! He is lies! Today, I choose to no longer buy into the lies... I buy into His love!!!

No comments:

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!