Last week's memory was Romans 5:1-2
"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith,
we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
through whom we have gained access by faith
into this GRACE in which we now stand.
And we REJOICE in the HOPE of the glory of God."
The last line of verse 2 says that we "rejoice in the hope". Verses 3-5, for this week, explain that there are some steps to get to that point:
- rejoice in suffering
- suffering to perseverance
- perseverance to character
- character to hope
- hope does not disappoint
This week's new verses - Part 2 of November scripture memory:
3 "Not only so,
but we also rejoice in our sufferings,
Key words for this week:
- His love
- Holy Spirit
Romans 5:3-5 .
3 "Not only so, but we also _________ in our sufferings, because we know that __________ produces _____________; 4 ____________, _________; and ___________, ______. 5 And _______ does not disappoint us, because _____ has poured out ____ ______ into our ________ by the _____ ________, whom He has given us..
.2010 NOVEMBER SCRIPTURE MEMORY
QUESTIONS TO ANSWER:
- What should we do when we suffer? ___________
- What does suffering produce? ______________
- What develops character? ______________
- Once character is developed, what comes? _________
- What does God pour out in our hearts? _____ _______
- Who has God given us? ___ ______ _______
Okay, now you fill in the rest of the words in verses 3-5:
"____ _____ __, ____ ___ _____ rejoice ___ ____sufferings, _________ ___ ______ ______ suffering _________ perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; ____ character, hope. 5 _____ hope _____ ___ __________ ___, __________ God ____ _________ _____His love ____ _____ hearts ____ the Holy Spirit, ______ ___ ___ ______ ___. "
2010 NOVEMBER SCRIPTURE MEMORY
- "Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
- through whom we have gained access by faith into this GRACE in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. .
- Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance;
- perseverance, character; and character, hope.
- And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us. "