It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Sunday, June 22, 2008

R.E.A.P.S. - Day Six

R ead, ‘rite, and repeat Scripture thought: GOD, give me the wisdom to understand the simple thought that comes out of this verse:

"I will never leave/forsake you." Hebrews 13:5

E mpowered by the HOLY SPIRIT GOD, as I read YOUR WORD-specifically those around my scripture thought for today, it does what it is meant to do: feed YOUR HOLY SPIRIT WHO lives within me:

First, there is Hebrews 11, the “Hall of Faith” chapter…
Then, there’s Hebrews 12 which begins with the word “therefore” to connect the next thoughts with that big idea of living/walking by faith:
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses,


LET US…LET ME...

  • throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles
  • run with perseverance the race marked out for us.
  • fix our eyes on JESUS, the author and perfecter of our faith…
  • consider HIM who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
  • not make light of the LORD's discipline, and do not lose heart when HE rebukes you, 6 because the LORD disciplines those HE loves, and HE punishes everyone HE accepts as a son."
  • endure hardship as discipline; GOD is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father? 8 If you are not disciplined (and everyone undergoes discipline), then you are illegitimate children and not true sons…GOD disciplines us for our good, that we may share in HIS holiness. 11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.
  • strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees. 13 "Make level paths for your feet," so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed.
  • make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the LORD.
  • see to it that no one misses the grace of GOD and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many.
  • see that no one is sexually immoral, or is godless like Esau, who for a single meal sold his inheritance rights as the oldest son. 17 Afterward, as you know, when he wanted to inherit this blessing, he was rejected. He could bring about no change of mind, though he sought the blessing with tears.

18 You have not come to a mountain that can be touched and that is burning with fire; to darkness, gloom and storm; 19 to a trumpet blast or to such a voice speaking words that those who heard it begged that no further word be spoken to them, 20 because they could not bear what was commanded: "If even an animal touches the mountain, it must be stoned." 21 The sight was so terrifying that Moses said, "I am trembling with fear."

22 But you have come to Mount Zion, to the heavenly Jerusalem, the city of the LIVING GOD. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly, 23 to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to GOD, the judge of all men, to the spirits of righteous men made perfect, 24 to JESUS the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.

LET US… LET ME…

  • see to it that you do not refuse HIM who speaks. If they did not escape when they refused HIM who warned them on earth, how much less will we, if we turn away from HIM who warns us from heaven? 26 At that time HIS voice shook the earth, but now HE has promised, "Once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens." 27 The words "once more" indicate the removing of what can be shaken-that is, created things-so that what cannot be shaken may remain. Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken...
  • be thankful
  • worship GOD acceptably with reverence and awe, 29 for our "GOD is a consuming fire."

Hebrews 13

LET US… LET ME…

  • keep on loving each other as sisters.
  • not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.
  • remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
  • remember that marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for GOD will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.
  • keep your lives free from the love of money
  • be content with what you have, because GOD has said,
    "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

6 So we say with confidence,"The LORD is my helper;
I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"

A ttitude of CHRIST JESUS GOD, I see Christ-like attitudes in these scriptures-please be molding them in me:

  • Dependence on God…I must KNOW that I can’t do it without HIM…
  • HE will never ever leave me or forsake me… in Psalms 104 the creatures of the sea are “terrified” when God hides HIS face from them…I BELIEVE that HE will NEVER leave me or forsake me as long as I choose to remain HIS child…the only one who moves is me…

P ray to GOD THE FATHER GOD, please listen while I feebly pray about these thoughts…


GOD, forgive me for sometimes believing that YOU leave me and forsake me…I am terrified to not have YOU in my life…help me to focus on YOU…to focus on staying and basking in YOUR love for me…help me to internalize Hebrews 11 and Hebrews 13:6 and what comes between…as I fix my eyes on JESUS…

S ing with the SPIRIT & Understanding: Today GOD, as we have talked, You have put this song on my heart...I give it back to YOU…YOU are so faithful…

FAITHFUL LOVE FLOWING DOWN FROM A THORN COVERED CROWN
MAKES ME WHOLE, SAVES MY SOUL, WASHES WHITER THAN SNOW…
FAITHFUL LOVE CALMS EACH FEAR
REACHES OUT…DRIES EACH TEAR…
HOLDS MY HAND WHEN I CAN’T STAND ON MY OWN…

FAITHFUL LOVE….FROM ABOVE…
CAME TO EARTH TO SHOW THE FATHER’S LOVE…
AND I’LL NEVER BE THE SAME
FOR I’VE SEEN FAITHFUL LOVE FACE TO FACE
AND JESUS IS HIS NAME…

FAITHFUL LOVE IS A FRIEND JUST WHEN HOPE SEEMS TO END
…………………………WARM EMBRACE
TENDER TOUCH FILLED WITH GRACE
FAITHFUL LOVE…ENDLESS FIRE...

….BURNING BRIGHT IN THE NIGHT
GUIDING MY WAY…

FAITHFUL LOVE….FROM ABOVE…
CAME TO EARTH TO SHOW THE FATHER’S LOVE…
AND I’LL NEVER BE THE SAME
FOR I’VE SEEN FAITHFUL LOVE FACE TO FACE
AND JESUS IS HIS NAME…

No comments:

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!