It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

R.E.A.P.S. - Day Eight

R ead, ‘rite, and repeat Scripture thought: God, give me the wisdom to understand the simple thought that comes out of this verse:

"I forgive you." I John 1:9; Romans 8:1

E mpowered by the HOLY SPIRIT God, as I read YOUR WORD-specifically those around my scripture thought for today, it does what it is meant to do: feed YOUR HOLY SPIRIT WHO lives within me:

WHAT A READ!!! THIS SHOULD BE DAILY FOOD!!!!
1 John 1:5-2:2
GOD is light; in HIM there is no darkness at all. 6 If we claim to have fellowship with HIM yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as HE is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of JESUS, HIS SON, purifies us from all sin. 8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, HE is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make HIM out to be a liar and HIS word has no place in our lives.

1 John 2
1 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin,
we have one who speaks to the FATHER in our defense-JESUS CHRIST THE RIGHTEOUS ONE. 2 HE is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Rom 7:21-8:17
21 So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me.
22 For in my inner being I delight in GOD’S law; 23 but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. 24 What a wretched woman I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to GOD-through JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to GOD’S law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

Romans 8
8:1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in CHRIST JESUS,
2 because through CHRIST JESUS the law of the SPIRIT OF LIFE set me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, GOD did by sending HIS own SON in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so HE condemned sin in sinful man, 4 in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the SPIRIT. 5 Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires;
but those who live in accordance with the SPIRIT have their minds set on what the SPIRIT desires. 6 The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the SPIRIT is life and peace; 7 the sinful mind is hostile to GOD. It does not submit to GOD’S law, nor can it do so.
8 Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please GOD.

9 You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the SPIRIT, if the SPIRIT OF GOD lives in you. And if anyone does not have the SPIRIT OF CHRIST, he does not belong to CHRIST. 10 But if CHRIST is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness. 11 And if the SPIRIT OF HIM who raised JESUS from the dead is living in you, HE who raised CHRIST from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through HIS SPIRIT, who lives in you.

12 Therefore, sisters, we have an obligation-but it is not to the sinful nature, to live according to it. 13 For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the SPIRIT you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live, 14 because those who are led by the SPIRIT OF GOD are SONS OF GOD. 15 For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the SPIRIT OF SONSHIP. And by HIM we cry, "Abba, FATHER." 16 The SPIRIT HIMSELF testifies with our spirit that we are GOD’S children. 17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs-heirs of GOD and co-heirs with CHRIST, if indeed we share in HIS sufferings in order that we may also share in HIS glory.

A ttitude of CHRIST JESUS God, I see Christ-like attitudes in these scriptures-please be molding them in me:
  • Light
  • willing to bleed for me
  • sinless, faithful
  • forgiving
  • righteous
  • no condemnation
  • submissive
  • mindset on the SPIRIT
  • controlled by the SPIRIT
  • willing to suffer…

P ray to GOD THE FATHER God, please listen while I feebly pray about these thoughts…

Whoa! I need to stop and take a breath…oh, that’s what it’s all about…isn’t it GOD? It’s about eating and breathing YOU! It’s about believing YOU when YOU say that I am forgiven and then living like I’m free…thank YOU for this overwhelming gift of YOUR forgiveness…my mess is YOURS and YOU’RE okay with it…thank you!

S ing with the SPIRIT & Understanding Today GOD, as we have talked, You have put this song on my heart...I give it back to YOU…YOU are so faithful…

Sing them over again to me, wonderful words of LIFE;
Let me more of their beauty see, wonderful words of LIFE.
Words of LIFE and beauty, Teach me faith and duty.
Beautiful words, wonderful words, wonderful words of LIFE.

CHRIST the blessed ONE, gives to all, wonderful words of LIFE;
Sinner, list to the loving call, wonderful words of LIFE;
All so freely given, wooing us to heaven,
Beautiful words, wonderful words, wonderful words of LIFE.

Sweetly echo the gospel call, wonderful words of LIFE.
Offer pardon and peace to all, wonderful words of LIFE.
JESUS only SAVIOR, Sanctifies forever,
Beautiful words, wonderful words, wonderful words of LIFE.

No comments:

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!