At the end of yesterday's post, I shared this:
"When reading different scriptures that talked about Jesus as our hope, I was struck by the similarity of some of the language or words used. There were close to 20 words that jumped out at me, as being common words used in many "hope" scriptures. So, I decided to take a tally. I found 7 words/themes that were in many of those scriptures. I will share them here and then I'd like you to ponder on the connections they have, with Jesus as our hope, until tomorrow. Then, tomorrow on TRANSFORMING THURSDAY, we can study together some of the transformational implications."
If you are a "born again christian", then you have lived out the apostle Peter's directive in Acts 2:38:
39 The promise is for you and your children
So, your sins are forgiven and you've come into a right relationship with God because of the gift Jesus Christ has given you. Yet, sometime since then, life has you on a journey that may include some or all of the following: suffering, affliction, insult to injury, discouragement, exhaustion, and/or powerlessness.
Just a reminder: Jesus is our hope! WITH HIM, this too shall pass! Oh, I know... it's easier said than done...
Many of the scriptures that talk about Jesus as our hope include:
- God, the Father-another aspect of God that we do not deny!
- The Holy Spirit-the third characteristic/piece of God that we do not deny!
- Love-who God is and what He does!
- Suffering/affliction/insult- difficulties that will either bring us closer to God or drive us away from Him.
- Persevere/perseverance/endure/endurance-defined a steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose, a state, etc., especially in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement; continuance in a state of grace to the end, leading to eternal salvation.
- Encourage/build up-to give courage
- Power-ability to act or produce an effect
- It comes from our GOD who is LOVE: as a loving Father, a sacrificial Brother, and a Holy Spirit at work within us. It comes from the encouragement that is received by GOD's family, too!
Christ in you, the hope of glory.
28 He is the one we proclaim, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone fully mature in Christ. 29 To this end I strenuously contend with all the energy Christ so powerfully works in me."