At the top of this blog, it says, GOD BLESSES AND TRANSFORMS. It is so true. God isn't Santa Claus or the Good Fairy. His ways are not "magical", they are transformational. His WAY is a journey and a process. God is God!
My relationship with God, begins and continues with me BEing / living His BE-attitudes. This is how He wants me to think/live/be:
- POOR IN SPIRIT... I'm transparent. No masks! This is me, God, with all my warts, inconsistencies, and woundedness. Thank You for introducing me to Your HOLY SPIRIT and allowing me entrance into the Kingdom of Heaven. You are MY KING!
- MOURN... I'm human. I mess up again and again. I sin! I am a sinner! Your forgiveness is amazing. Thank You for being MY COMFORTER.
- MEEK... No more kicking and screaming! No more saying, "That's impossible!" I am learning little by little to allow You to shape me and mold me for Your glory. I give you the "reins" of my life. After all, You are the Creator of all the earth. If a wild stallion can be made gentle, so can I. Thank You for being MY CREATOR Who is willing to "reign and rule" in me.
- HUNGER AND THIRST FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS... Fill me, God. I realize that I cannot make it without spiritual nutrition / sustenance. You, Jesus, are MY RIGHTEOUSNESS and I hunger and thirst to BE like You. Thank You for BEing willing to fill me up!
- MERCIFUL... I understand, Jesus, that all these BE-attitudes, including compassion are a choice. I can't even comprehend all the ways You chose to show mercy when You were on the earth. In the same way that You, MY WONDERFUL MERCIFUL SAVIOR, extend new mercies to me every morning, may I offer mercy to everyone, including my enemies.
- PURE IN HEART... I must be transparent. No imitation! No false pretenses! No cover-up! Impurities are out! You are my filter! Everything has to go through You! Cleaning up my act, Jesus, means seeing You as You are... You are MY HOLINESS. Thank You!
- PEACEMAKERS... How can I be a peacemaker, when peace is part of the Holy Spirit's fruit? Aha! Thank You, Jesus, for allowing me to be a partner in the Gospel. By bringing others to You, I am connecting them with THE PEACE THAT PASSES UNDERSTANDING. More importantly, by bringing others to You, I am called a "child of God. What a privilege to be related to THE SON OF THE MOST HIGH.
- PERSECUTED FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS... Thank You for the privilege of being made fun of, slapped around, and wounded for doing the right thing. You are RIGHTEOUSNESS. Thank You that it is Your RIGHTEOUSNESS that allows me to be part of the Kingdom of Heaven.
- INSULTED, PERSECUTED, and LIED ABOUT: Thank You, Jesus, for reminding me to REJOICE ANYWAY! You spoke it! You taught it! You modeled it! You lived it! You are my VICTORIOUS WARRIOR: Grace under fire... Joy in the midst suffering... Love in the midst of hate... Light in darkness...