- The paralyzed man had 4 Faithful Friends who stepped out in FAITH! No stinkin' thinkin' here!
- Jesus took care of the most important things first by forgiving the paralyzed man of his sins! No stinkin' thinkin' here!
- In spite of the "stinkin' thinkin'" of the "religious people", Jesus remained kind!
- The paralyzed man walked away - no longer paralyzed!
- Everyone praised God, saying, "We have never seen anything like this!" No stinkin' thinkin' here!
1 A few days later, when Jesus again entered Capernaum, the people heard that He had come home. 2 They gathered in such large numbers that there was no room left, not even outside the door, and He preached the word to them.
3 Some men came, bringing to Him a paralyzed man, carried by four of them. 4 Since they could not get Him to Jesus because of the crowd, they made an opening in the roof above Jesus by digging through it and then lowered the mat the man was lying on.
6 Now some teachers of the law were sitting there, thinking to themselves, 7 “Why does this fellow talk like that? He’s blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?”
9 Which is easier: to say to this paralyzed man, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up, take your mat and walk’? 10 But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.”
This amazed everyone and they praised God, saying, “We have never seen anything like this!”