It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Monday, July 11, 2011

CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST... HE WHO OVERCOMES...



MEDITATION MONDAY

Yesterday morning during our church family worship service, we sang the song, I am Mine No More. The words are so intertwined with our theme song this week. As I sang with my brothers and sisters in Christ, there was a united sense of purpose... we belong to You, Jesus!


I Am Mine No More

I am mine no more
I am mine no more
I’ve been bought with blood
I am mine no more

Jesus is my Lord
Jesus is my Lord
and He rules my life
Jesus is my Lord

He will come again
He will come again
and He’ll take me home
He will come again


As we prepared our minds for communion, took communion together, focused on Jesus, and sang some more, it was all connecting with our guest speaker's topic for the week: REVELATION. We sang HOLY, HOLY, HOLY.


Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty!
Early in the morning our song shall rise to Thee;
Holy, holy, holy, merciful and mighty!
God in three Persons, blessèd Trinity!

Holy, holy, holy! All the saints adore Thee,
Casting down their golden crowns
around the glassy sea;
Cherubim and seraphim falling down before Thee,
Who was, and is, and evermore shall be.

Holy, holy, holy! though the darkness hide Thee,
Though the eye of sinful man Thy glory may not see;
Only Thou art holy; there is none beside Thee,
Perfect in power, in love, and purity.

Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty!
All Thy works shall praise Thy Name, in earth, and sky, and sea;
Holy, holy, holy; merciful and mighty!
God in three Persons, blessèd Trinity!


The words to this song are full of concepts and words from the Be-attitudes. Jesus wants to influence us... to walk with us... to live inside us... That is how we overcome!


Our speaker began by saying, "Revelation is a book we either avoid or exploit. Let's use it to HEAR what the Spirit of God has to say to us."


He reminded us that the setting of the book is in a tumultuous time. John is in exile on an island away from his beloved church community and they are cut off from him, too. He is one of their leaders, an elder, an encourager, a friend... The policy of the time was basically that anytime anyone met up with a christian, they were to kill the christian.


It is during this time, of christian exile and martyrdom, that Jesus appears to John. John is able to look into the throne room and see the faithfulness of God who STILL sits on the throne (no matter how tough the times). John sees the sun... a rainbow... the throne... Around the throne are 4 living creatures... 24 elders are there representing the redeemed of God as they sit around the throne. Their attention is on God: HOLY! HOLY! HOLY!


One of the elders had something to say about overcoming in Revelation 5:5. In fact, Revelation has a whole lot to say about the Lion who overcame as a Lamb. He overcame not by power but as a Lamb who was slain...




    Revelation 2:7


    He who has an ear,


    let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.


    To him who overcomes,


    I will grant to eat of the tree of life


    which is in the Paradise of God.’




    Revelation 2:11


    He who has an ear,


    let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.


    He who overcomes


    will not be hurt by the second death.’




    Revelation 2:17


    He who has an ear,


    let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.


    To him who overcomes,


    to him I will give some of the hidden manna,


    and I will give him a white stone,


    and a new name written on the stone


    which no one knows but he who receives it.’




    Revelation 2:26



    He who overcomes,


    and he who keeps My deeds until the end,


    TO HIM I WILL GIVE


    AUTHORITY OVER THE NATIONS...





    Revelation 3:5

    He who overcomes


    will thus be clothed in white garments;


    and I will not erase his name from the book of life,


    and I will confess his name before My Father


    and before His angels.




    Revelation 3:12



    He who overcomes,


    I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God,


    and he will not go out from it anymore;


    and I will write on him the name of My God,


    and the name of the city of My God,


    the new Jerusalem,


    which comes down out of heaven from My God,


    and My new name.





    Revelation 3:21


    He who overcomes,


    I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne,


    as I also overcame


    and sat down with My Father on His throne.








        Revelation 5:5


        ...and one of the elders said to me,


        “Stop weeping; behold,


        the Lion that is from the tribe of Judah,


        the Root of David,


        has overcome


        so as to open the book and its seven seals.”






        Revelation 13:7



        It was also given to Him


        to make war with the saints


        and to overcome them,


        and authority over


        every tribe and people and tongue and nation


        was given to Him.



        Revelation 17:14



        [ Victory for the Lamb ]



        These will wage war against the Lamb,


        and the Lamb will overcome them,


        because He is Lord of lords and King of kings,


        and those who are with Him


        are the called and chosen and faithful.”





        Revelation 21:7


        He who overcomes


        will inherit these things,


        and I will be his God


        and he will be My son.






        ~BLESSED~

      No comments:

      TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!