Little or no urination
HOW MUCH WATER DO I NEED?
. Replacement approach: The average urine output for adults is 1.5 liters a day. You lose close to an additional liter of water a day through breathing, sweating and bowel movements. Certain foods account for 20 percent of your fluid intake, so from a minimalists perspective, if you consume 2 liters of water or other beverages a day (a little more than 8 cups), along with your normal diet, you can replace the lost fluids. It's called the "8 x 8 rule" - drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day (about 1.9 liters).
Dietary recommendations: The Institute of Medicine recommends that
--men consume 3 liters (about 13 cups)
--women consume 2.2 liters (about 9 cups) of total beverages a day. These guidelines are based on national food surveys that assessed people's average fluid intakes.
WHEN ARE TIMES THAT I NEED MORE WATER?
Higher Physical Activity: exercise; hard physical labor
Environmental challenges: hot/humid weather; cold/frigid weather; Heated, indoor air; Altitudes greater than 8,200 ft.; Allergens/toxins
Illnesses or health conditions: fever; vomiting; diarrhea; infections; urinary tract stones; allergies;
Pregnant or breast-feeding: The Institute of Medicine recommends that pregnant women drink 2.3 liters (nearly 10 cups) of fluids a day and women who breast-feed consume 3.1 liters (about 13 cups) of fluids a day.
HOW CAN MY WATER NEEDS BE MET?
Beyond the tap: Many sources of water You don't need to sip from your water bottle all day to satisfy your fluid needs. Your diet, including the beverages you drink, can provide a large portion of what you need. In an average adult diet, food provides about 20 percent of total water intake. The remaining 80 percent comes from beverages of all kinds (no caffeine, though).
Other non-caffeinated beverages
1. WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I DON'T MEET MY DAILY LIVING WATER NEEDS?
2. HOW MUCH LIVING WATER DO I NEED?
3. WHEN ARE TIMES THAT I NEED MORE LIVING WATER?
4. HOW CAN MY LIVING WATER NEEDS BE MET?
I am so grateful that it is JESUS CHRIST who is the LIVING WATER.
I am so grateful that it is JESUS CHRIST who can answer all 4 of those questions.
Let's talk about the answers later this week!