It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Friday, March 4, 2011

HE TOUCHED ME... AND NOW I AM NO LONGER THE SAME...

TRANSFORMING THURSDAY:

  • Once Jesus touched me, my life was no longer the same! It became about what was best for God and His kingdom of righteousness. I needed to begin daily crucifying my wants, needs, and desires for Him first and then for others. I continue to learn that all of the christian life is a:

  • Once Jesus touched me, my life was no longer the same. It became about what was best for God and His family of righteousness... truth seekers... those who make it their goal to please Him. I continue to be amazed at the fellowship of believers, who I call family - those who want to do the "right thing".



  • The last few days, I have been thinking about our March Beatitude:

Matthew 5:6

Blessed are those

who hunger and thirst for righteousness,

for they will be filled.

For me, it's been an extremely busy semester, as a teacher of university students. Trying to juggle those responsibilities, plus family responsibilities, has almost seemed insurmountable. Once I began meditating on this beatitude, I began to ask myself, "So what is the right thing to do when my plate is so full of many good things to do." I'd like to look at this more over the next month. Here are a few verses that I'm presently meditating on. I am hungry and thirsty to know what God sees as the right thing for me to do in ALL situations in my life.
These verses are the other verses in Christ's Sermon on the Mount that speak of righteousness:

  • Matthew 5:10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
  • Matthew 5:20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.
  • Matthew 6:1-7 Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven. 2 "So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 5 "And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
  • Matthew 6:33-34 But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

It's been a long time since Jesus first touched me.

He continues to work on my heart

to transform me into His image.

He's given me a family who are

pursuing righteousness together.

I am...

~BLESSED~

No comments:

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!