- Once Jesus touched me, my life was no longer the same! It became about what was best for God and His kingdom of righteousness. I needed to begin daily crucifying my wants, needs, and desires for Him first and then for others. I continue to learn that all of the christian life is a:
- Once Jesus touched me, my life was no longer the same. It became about what was best for God and His family of righteousness... truth seekers... those who make it their goal to please Him. I continue to be amazed at the fellowship of believers, who I call family - those who want to do the "right thing".
- The last few days, I have been thinking about our March Beatitude:
Blessed are those
who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
- Matthew 5:10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
- Matthew 5:20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.
- Matthew 6:1-7 Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven. 2 "So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 5 "And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
- Matthew 6:33-34 But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
It's been a long time since Jesus first touched me.
He continues to work on my heart
to transform me into His image.
He's given me a family who are
pursuing righteousness together.