I've thought a lot this week about two women who had an amazing love relationship with their LORD. They were His followers who understood the fulness of His love. I've pondered how they talked to Him... how they desired to please Him... how He loved and delighted in them. These two women are:
- Fanny Crosby - she wrote so many of our older hymns including our theme song this week - ALL THE WAY MY SAVIOR LEADS ME.
- Mary - she was chosen to give birth to and be the mother of our LORD and Savior; what a contest to win! Mary wrote the words to our memory verses for this month:
- 46 And Mary said: "My soul glorifies the LORD
- 47 and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
- 48 for He has been mindful of the humble state of His servant. From now on all generations will call me BLESSED,
- 49 for the Mighty One has done great things for me- HOLY is His name.
- 50 His mercy extends to those who fear Him, from generation to generation.
- 51 He has performed mighty deeds with His arm;
- He has scattered those who are proud in their inmost thoughts.
- 52 He has brought down rulers from their thrones but has lifted up the humble.
And Mary said: "My soul glorifies the LORD