It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Monday, January 19, 2009

WHATEVER YOU'RE DOING INSIDE OF ME: ACCTS

MEDITATION MONDAY

.

My husband, Steve, shares the preaching responsibilities at our church with the other minister/preacher, Dan. Yesterday, Steve preached on something that was so intune with what we've been talking about this month that all I can say is "once again, I see the Holy Spirit at work." Dan and Steve are preaching a series of lessons out of Nehemiah. Steve loves to talk about the way Nehemiah prayed...he did yesterday.
.
Many years ago, we were taught a little acrostic to help us be more well rounded and Biblical in our prayer life. (Let me say here before I go on that I strongly believe that prayer is about communicating with our heavenly Father Who adores us AND not about "saying prayers" or "being an act of service".) I talk to God! He listens! He answers with "Yes!", "No!", "Later!", or even "We'll see!". I'm sure He smiles when my prayers are more than requests!
.
So, the acrostic encourages to pray like this:
.

A = Adoration...God, I adore You, admire You, praise You for Who You are:


  • Creator

  • LORD of lords

  • Shepherd

  • Healer

  • Righteous

  • The Strong One Who sees

  • Everlasting

  • Omnipresent

  • Omnipotent

  • many, many, more things that describe WHO God is!

C = Confession...God, I messed up...sinned...broke the rules...Your laws! Please forgive me!



  • I'm putting myself before You again!

  • I'm sinful: Galatians 5:19-21 "The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God." NOTE: Who will enter the Kingdom of God? THE POOR IN SPIRIT!

T = Thanksgiving...God, I am so thankful for all my blessings...I'd like to tell you of 100 blessings this week that I am actually aware of and I know that there must be millions more...

.

S = Supplication...God, there are things I need from You for myself, my family, and for others...I bring those things before You...I also need You to just Remember me God...Remember that I am Yours! Remember that I am trying! Remember that I need you!

.

Yesterday, for the first time, I really connected with Nehemiah's "Remember me..." requests of God. In fact, the book of Nehemiah ends that way:


Nehemiah 13:14

Remember me for this, O my God,

and do not blot out what I have so faithfully done

for the house of my God and its services."

.


Nehemiah 13:22

"Remember me for this also, O my God

and show mercy to me according to Your great love."

.

Nehemiah 13:31

"Remember me with favor, O my God!"

.

Did you notice the title of this post? It says, "WHATEVER YOU'RE DOING INSIDE OF ME: ACCTS?


.


What is the other "C" in ACTS that I talked about above? Steve, introduced the idea yesterday:

"Crying Out to the LORD!" It is what we've been talking about in the Be-Attitudes - "Blessed are those who MOURN!" I can only imagine those people who were crying out last week on the US Airways flight that went down in the Hudson River.

.



.

Last week, our song I SURRENDER ALL talked about us giving up all of our kingdoms. The thing is...it's a life long process! Even after becoming a christian, how many times must we come back to the LORD? Cry out? Humble ourselves? Mourn? It is part of the Godly life...the BLESSED LIFE. Cry out to theLORD today...tell Him you can't do it on your own. Tell Him that you're willing for Him to take control! Start today and pray...talk to...confide in...Adore...Confess to...Cry out to...Thank... Supply our needs, oh LORD! ...


.

No comments:

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!