It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Transformation of a Contentious Woman!


Transformation means different things in different fields, such as, mathematics, linguistics, and genetics. But, in general, it means a marked change in appearance or character - usually for the better.

On this blog, I've posted pictures of various transformations:
  • butterfully

  • baby
  • seasons
Yet, what does a transformation look like when it takes place on the inside of me? There is a type of transformation that takes place inside of me when I have a change of pace from my normal routine...when I am rested...it's rejuvenating...refreshing...life-changing...
This last two weeks have been full of new adventures for me...rejuvenating....refreshing....possibly life-changing....but I am exhausted:
  1. I went to the Sikes' Family Reunion in Estes Park, CO without Steve for the first time ever....slept several nights on a couch in the "great room" of the lodge. (enjoyed late night teens and college kids AND very early morning breakfast chefs).
  2. Steve and I had our "new book" (still needs many revisions) for our How God Does Family seminar in Boulder, CO.

  3. Traveled to Oregon with Steve to the Structure of Intellect conference but Steve stayed in the cabin for R & R while I attended.

  4. Flew home from this years reunion and conference to our new home in New Jersey.
I'm not the same person that I was two weeks ago. I've experienced new things...new adventures....God has given me much opportunity for growth...to bloom....God will use all this to mold and shape me...if I let Him.

I need to pay attention, though! Tired or not...I do want to be God's woman....so maybe cranky, sharp with my tongue, snippy/snappy, grouchy are not part of the God's woman picture....anyway, today, in the airport, Steve quoted me these words from scripture...they have my attention:

Proverbs 21:99 "It is better to live in a corner of a roof, Than in a house shared with a contentious woman."
  • It's more food for thought in my transformation process....

  • thank you Steve....

  • thank You Holy Spirit!

1 comment:

Brenda Collins said...

I like your statement "tired or not" needing to live and act like a christian. I am exhausted. Lexi and I traveled to NM where we both caught a stomach virus, had an awful flight home and them met my mother-in-law at the airport. Then two of Matthew's sister flew in, while it has been good to have family, I am exhausted from driving them all over. my naps are hugely important, since we are up several times all night and I haven't had a nap in 2 weeks. Though my MIL did do one of the night feedings and I got to sleep through one night. But I am tired now and ready to explode...that is especially when I need God to help me. Thank you Patti for writing these words today. Because of this post, we have probably avoided a big blow up where I loose my patience and say something hurtful to family members who are actually very sweet.

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!