It is GOD who BLESSES and TRANSFORMS...

This is a blog for women (not just moms) who:

(1) Desire to be transformed by JESUS' LOVE, HOLINESS, AND GRACE;

(2) Believe that GOD'S WORD is the true Spirit food for HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives within us;

(3) Submit to GOD and walk this journey of life with HIM transforming us more and more into HIS likeness.

It's a blog about the POWER OF TRANSFORMED LIVES. Let's begin with yours and mine and pass it on... 1 + 1 + 1...

Since GOD's HOLY SPIRIT lives inside a christian, let's choose to be nurtured and transformed by feasting daily on HOLY SPIRIT food - GOD's WORD - The Holy Bible..

My regular posts stopped in 2013, with a major move and the chronic illness and eventual death of our oldest daughter. Yes, we grieve daily, yet I am determined to continue to let the LIGHT of my LORD and SAVIOR shine through me. I have tried to start posting again, over the last few years, but have not been consistent. So, I think the biggest blessing for you and me both will be to intersperse some new posts while revisiting some of the former posts. Let's begin with "Oh, the JOY!" as we head into living through Fall 2019; meeting back here 1-2 days a week.

If you need daily encouragement, you will find plenty by clicky on past posts. When reading earlier posts, you will see that I often posted daily, following this format: ...Sunday in the SON, Meditation Monday, GratiTuesday, Women in the WORD Wednesday, Transforming Thursday, Family Fellowship Friday, Ketchup & Mustard Saturday.


There's a whole lot here! Take your time to browse.

Please come back and visit each week. Welcome!

Because of JESUS, we can be family,

Patti





TRANSFORMED MOMS:MOMS TRANSFORMED

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Saturday, July 26, 2008

HOW ABOUT THEM HORSES?

As I meditate on the writing of this post, I find it to be the most emotionally stirring evening that I have had in a while. Although I am not a horse woman, I have had a long history with horses. I knew that preparing to write this would include horses but I did not know the extent to which it would affect me. Here are SOME of my horse connections:



1. I lived in Dugway Proving Grounds, Utah in the 2nd to the 4th grades. It is where the army tests their weapons of mass destruction (germ, chemical, and radiological). The security was extremely high for coming on or going off the army post. Yet, each afternoon a herd of wild horses would come up over the ridge and look out over those of us who lived down below. Then, with one huge bound from their fearless stallion leader they were galloping down the hill to eat the grass of our lawns and force all the little children to go inside (army orders). This happened every day from about 4-6 p.m. Above are two pictures of the "wild horses of Utah" that I found online that brought back a flood of memories. Sometimes GOOGLING information does not always give you what you want to hear: there is now a "survivors web page" of those people who lived at this chemical site and are still alive to tell about it....there have been hundreds of animals over the years that have been found dead in "skull valley" near Dugway.

2. I married a man who grew up with horses. Steve rides with ease. He can ride bareback. One of the first times I went home with Steve as his "girlfriend", he saddled his horse and one of his brothers saddled mine - for us to take a ride (I had ridden before - on a guided trail ride). I came off a lot more confident than I felt and before you know it Steve had taken off down the road and ready or not my horse decided to follow. The rest of the story should have been on Funniest Home Vidoes. The horse already knew that I was afraid, so he was not going to listen to me. I yelled! I screamed! I pleaded! I hung on for dear life! I bobbed up and down uncontrollably as my horse raced to catch up with Steve's horse. Then it happened! The cinch strap underneath began to work it's way loose. Little by little the saddle was sliding off to the side. Chaos, panic, terror are what I remember...a rider who had no control over her horse...

3. We moved to work at Cornhusker Christian Children's Home (CCCH) in western Nebraska in 1986. Steve had taken the job as Assistant Superintendent. We had 3 kids ages 1, 3, and 5. I was pregnant with Crystal. CCCH had once been the ranch of the man who invented Kool-aid. Now, it served young boys and girls who needed a home or a second chance in life. It was a beautiful place surrounded by a white railed fence with horses and cows to care for. We lived in the original farm house. Then, one day, a christian family who owned the American Quarter Horse champion named Lucky Stroke called to ask if they could "board" him at CCCH. A very spirited and strong horse! A horse very few could ride. Just what is an American Quarter Horse? If you have ever seen a horse in one of rodeo's timed events, been along for work on a ranch or watched a Western on the big or small screen, 9 times out of 10 you have witnessed an American Quarter Horse. Although, I GOOGLED about Lucky Stroke, I could not find much information, but here is a picture of his father, Sonny Go Lucky, who looks like he could be Lucky Stroke.






4. Something else remarkable had happened at CCCH. Denny and Sheri Swaim had moved there from Maryland to become houseparents. Sheri was a horse woman. In fact, she had been on the Olympic Equestrian Dressage team as an alternate. I knew nothing about Dressage but quickly learned...here is an explanation I found online:
The French word for "training," dressage is a harmonious demonstration of the horse's three natural gaits (walk, trot and canter) and its ability to respond to the rider's commands as the horse performs a series of movements in prearranged order. Throughout the course the rider directs the horse to perform movements. They are also judged on the trot, canter, pirouette, piaffe and passage. Riders, who must memorize the test in order to guide their horses through it, may not use their voices throughout the competition. Riding whips are also forbidden in the ring, but spurs are required, allowing riders to demonstrate the ability to convey light pressure to the horse. In order to perform well in dressage, the horse must be calm, supple, loose and flexible, but also confident, attentive and keen, showing a perfect understanding with its rider.
Sheri was an AMAZING Dressage rider! It didn't take long for her and Lucky Stroke to almost become as "one". I've done alot of GOOGLING tonight. I found Sheri online...she's a church secretary in Maryland...her and Denny have 3 kids...I found an article she had written in Wineskins in 2005 on abuse she had suffered and her healing journey...we need to re-connect...AND I plan to watch this year's Equestrian Dressage in the Olympics on August 14, 16, and 19.

5. Our daughter, Jessica, is a horse lover! Always has been! One day, standing at the kitchen sink washing dishes, I expected my daily idyllic view over the rolling green pastures to be like any other day...instead there I saw my 4 year old daughter walking under the horses...petting their "bellies". The horses gently allowed her to adore them as I watched in horror. Yet, it was as if she was "one" with them...


  • Some horses defy there to be a rider at all...we call them wild. Some people refuse to submit to authority or others...we call them rebellious.
  • Some horses are so powerful and spirited...very few dare try to ride...we say that they are unwilling to be controlled. Some people are so gifted and spirited...they leave no room for anyone to "tell" them what to do...we say that they are unsubmisive.
  • Some horses are so powerful and spirited...yet, when they submit to the skilled rider....we call them champions. Some people are so gifted, spirited, and wise...they know they must "listen, submit, and follow"...they do and we call them victorious.
  • Some horses learn when to be still...how to listen...when to obey...we call them "one" with their rider. Some people know when to be still...how to listen to the Spirit of GOD, and when to let GOD be in control...when to let GOD be GOD...we call them "one" with GOD.

  • MEEK = power under control...

  • Blessed are the MEEK, for they shall inherit the earth...

No comments:

TRANSFORMED MOM, LISA, REQUESTED PRAYERS FOR HER HUBBY: FULLY RESTORED! FULLY HEALED!