WHO AM I AS A CHRISTIAN?
AS A CHRISTIAN WIFE?
CHILD OF GOD?
Today, after a full weekend of being part of a powerful marriage retreat, the Faithful Friends Bible class, and a Holy Spirit driven sermon about Heavenly Places, I am cherishing the treasure of my LORD and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Over the course of this quarter, in our Faithful Friends class, there has been an emphasis on seeing with "spiritual eyes". Throughout the marriage retreat and Steve's sermon, we were challenged to do the same. Steve encouraged us to see ourselves in Heavenly Places and make sure that's where our marriages and ministries are. Those two words are found 5 times in scripture - all in the book of Ephesians. Let's meditate on those five today as we CONSIDER our marriages, mothering, and ministries.
- 1:3 "BLESSED be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the Heavenly Places in Christ..."
- 1:19-21 "...what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might 20 which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the Heavenly Places, 21 far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come."
- 2:5-7 "...even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the Heavenly Places in Christ Jesus, 7 so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus."
- 2:9-11 "... and to bring to light what is the administration of the mystery which for ages has been hidden in God who created all things; 10 so that the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known through the church to the rulers and the authorities in the Heavenly Places. 11 This was in accordance with the eternal purpose which He carried out in Christ Jesus our Lord..."
- 6:11-13 "Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the Heavenly Places. 13 Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm."
NOTE: The devil is in Heavenly Places, too. Re-read 6:11-13.
Steve encouraged us to put on God's FULL ARMOR, as we live in Heavenly Places. "Remember when the devil tries to remind you of your past - you remind him of his future!"